6.

KAI POV

Usually I would always go with Ryan to school but summer texted me to meet her at her house. Not sure why. But I made my way over there. Knocking on the door and waiting. Summers mom came and opened the door with a smile "hello Kai! How are you?".

I smiled "I'm fine ma'am".

"Oh stop with the ma'am stuff!" She joked.

I blushed "where's summer?".

"She's upstairs. She'll be down soon" she said.

"Okay, thank you" I said. Standing there just looking around. I've only been in this house three times. Summer rather just hang at my house. Don't know why either. Her father came down the stairs and stopped. I glanced at him but looked somewhere else. His whole vibe wasn't good. "Why is there a white boy in my home?" He yelled.

"Sir, I'm summers friend" I said.

"Your summers friend?. Right, out of all the black kids in this town she befriends a white one" he said.

"Sir there's no need for any racial comments" I said.

"It's my house and I'll say what the fuck I want" he said. Summer came running down the stairs "dad stop it!".

"It's okay summer" I said.

"No it's not okay! Who cares if he's white! Did you know his mother is black?! She's as dark as me! You sound so ignorant! This is why our country is the way it is. Come on Kai!" She pulled my arm dragging me outside.

"Again, I'm so sorry about that" she said.

"You know my dads mom hated that my mom and him were together. She tried everything to break them up" I said.

"Wow! That's crazy!" She said.

"It sucks we still deal with racist people and it's twenty nineteen" I said. She wrapped her arm around mine "you're right. I feel like crap that, that happened. See why I rather hang out at your place?".

I nodded "I understand now".

"Kai you're such an amazing person. I'm happy you're my best friend!" She hugged my arm. My face felt hot so I know it was beet red. The disadvantages of being white skinned. We ended up walking to school together just discussing things.

Walking into school I saw Salem at her locker and she looked pissed. With all the yelling going on last night I heard everything. "Hey" I said. She turned around "hey".

"You okay?" I asked.

She shrugged.

"Look if you need anything or someone to talk to I'm here" I said.

She smiled "thanks Kai".

Summer smiled at her too and we continued to walk down the hall to our lockers. The crowd of girls ended up coming to me from down the hall. "Oh god here we go!" I said. Summer glanced at me and back at the crowd of girls.

"Hey Kai!" The leader of the pact said.

"You look so cute today. Love your hair" this girl went to touch my hair. I moved my head away from her hand. Summer grabbed the girls arm "excuse me?! But can you not touch my man!".

The girls stopped talking "Huh? You are not together!".

"Yes we are and I would love it all you thirsty bitches would go away and leave my man alone" she said.

They both laughed "yeah right! Kai isn't even into girls like you".

Getting annoyed I grabbed summer and kissed her. The group of girls gasped in shock. Pulling away summer looked just as shocked as me. The girls flipped their hair and scattered away.

"You kissed me..." she touched her lip.

"Yeah I guess I did" I said. We stood there just looking at each other... she went to say something but she pulled me into another kiss. Ryan just so happened to be walking down the hall "yeah boy get it!".

Fanning him away so he doesn't ruin the moment. Her lips felt good against mine. It's like that missing puzzle piece. She pulled away and smiled "wow".

I smiled "wow is right".

"So...what just happened here?" She asked.

"Well we kissed twice and we liked it. But I like you summer. I always have" I said.

She raised her brow "me? You liked me?".

I nodded "you're beautiful... inside and out".

She blushed "wow, I've always had a crush on you Kai but I didn't think you looked at me that way".

"Really?!... crazy how the world works" I said.

She grabbed my hand intertwining it with mine and laid her head on my shoulder. My life is complete now. I got the girl I always wanted. And I got rid of the group of girls who were really annoying.

Now I need to figure out how is her dad going to take his daughter is dating a white boy. I definitely nerd to speak to my mom or dad about this situation and how they overcame it.