18.

Brace yourself...

HARLOW POV

Don't I look nice?! Tonight's our father daughter dance at school

Don't I look nice?! Tonight's our father daughter dance at school. Now here is where it gets tricky. Normally one would ask their dad to escort them to the dance, right? Well not in my case. I've always been different. My dad was too busy with Salem so I just didn't ask him or tell him about it. Not that he would even go with me. Sad to say. But it's the truth.

[A week ago...]

Bursting into Ryan's room. He glanced at me "you can always knock".

I laughed "yeah okay".

"What do you want?" He asked.

"So like I have a weird question... here me out before answering" I said.

He nodded.

"So my school is having this dance..." he cut me off "no I'm not going!".

"Oh come on! Here we out! Anyway it's a father daughter dance and I wanted to know if you would go with me".

"And asking dad was not the first thing on your mind?" He asked.

"Umm... dad he's so busy with Salem. I mean always busy with her so I decided to ask you. And you been more of a father figure to me from the start. So please?!!!! Can you come with me!!! I won't make it weird! Promise" I said.

He sighed "fine, I'll take you now get out of my room. And do not tell anyone about this. I have reputation to protect".

"Yeah yeah yeah" I said.

[present]...

"Mom... you did a good job! I look so pretty" she smiled and kept taming my hair. "You look so beautiful. Should I get daddy so you guys can go?".

"Oh I'm not taking dad with me" I said.

"Excuse me? Isn't it a daddy daughter dance?" She asked.

"Yeah but I asked Ryan to take me" I said. My mom just stared at me for a moment "oh Harlow... daddy would've taken you and you know that".

"I know but I asked Ryan. No big deal" I said.

"It is a big deal. Instead of asking dad you asked Ryan. You don't see something wrong there?" I really didn't want to start this conversation. "Mom
Look dad is busy... so let Ryan take his place". Smiling at her I walked out the room.

Ryan was standing in the living room just not wanting to go but he sucks up a lot for me. My mom came out with her camera "Ryan doesn't Harlow look nice".

"Yeah she looks okay" he shrugged. Ryan was never the one for compliments. "Thanks" I smiled.

My dad and Salem came out together and they stopped dead in their tracks "what's going on here?". Now I didn't mean for my mom to be in the middle of this "Umm Harlow has a dance to go to".

"Oh wow! Okay you look pretty" my dad said.

"Wait isn't that the father daughter dance?" Salem asked. Squinting my eyes at her "mom can I please Chung Lee chop Salem? Just one time? Please?".

"Father daughter dance?... how come she didn't tell me about this" my dad asked.

Looking around and checking under the couch too "I'm here right? So why is he asking mom and Salem why I didn't tell him? See what I mean?". Ryan shrugged "keep me out this mess. I have enough going on".

"I would love to be involved in this drama but I'm stepping out" my mom said.

My dad turned to me "Harlow? What's up?".

"Nothing is up. I'm going to be late" I said.

"Why didn't you tell me about this dance?" He asked.

"Why should I? Is the real question. You are always up Salem's butt! You don't have time for me or anyone else. Now I'm not speaking for Ryan or Kai. Or even the twins but for me... you aren't as attentive as you would be for your favor—- I mean Salem. And not to hurt feelings but Ryan has been more of a father figure to me than you have. On that note we are late. Come on Ryan let's go!".

We left them both standing there dumbfounded. I won't let my dad ruin my night. I was too pretty and needed to have fun. And Ryan may be all sour puss but he'll lighten up once we get there.