25.

HARLOW POV

"Daddddd!!!!" I yelled. He stepped out his den "what up?". Now since my dad claims he's a black belt he would the best person to help me with something. "I need your assistance".

He waited for me to say what it was "I can't seem to get this move right. Since you're a black belt then you can show me". My mom walked by and cleared her throat. "Come on dad let's go in the back!" Grabbing his arm pulling him with me.

A good ten minutes later I stood there watching this man destroy this move. Crossing my arms over my chest "dad are you sure you were a black belt?". He was out of breath but nodded.

"Then I don't know why you can't show me this move. It's like you don't know what you're doing!" He seemed offended when I said that. "I know what I'm doing just taking a little longer to show you".

Ryan popes his head out "dad watch it you might hurt yourself".

"Ryan! I know what I'm doing" he said. As my dad went to kick he fell to the ground. Ryan slowly moved his head in "let me go before dad hurts himself". Helping dad up "who taught you karate mister Magoo?!".

"Ha ha very funny!" He started dusting himself off of the grass stains that were all over his pants. Then it hit me he lied about having a black belt. "Dad? Did you really do karate?".

He sighed "no! I just said that so we could have something in common". I should be upset. But I found it cute that he went this far. Running up to him I hugged him. He winced when I squeezed "daddy is a little hurt from that fall".

Trying my hardest to not laugh. My mom came out with an ice pack "somehow I knew you would need this". My dad took the ice pack and went back in the house. Mom turned to me "he tried".

"Dad can be nice... what he did was nice even though he hurt himself" I smiled.

"Well as long as you're not mad about it" she said.

//

SALEM POV

Inhaling the cannabis through the bong. Letting the herb go through my body instantly relaxing me. The weightless feeling was intoxicating. "So happy you're off punishment. Smoking alone was lonely".

I smiled "I missed this".

We both laughed. He turned to me "I have something even more powerful. It'll make you forget all about your problems for hours!".

"Really? What is it?" I asked.

"OxyContin... I've been taking it for sometime now. Let me tell you... it's addicting" he said. Nodding my head "I'll take one with me". He smiled handing me a single pill in my palm.

"It's crazy how drugs are bad for you. But it's like therapy" he said. We both laughed again. "But you're right". The car windows were open and the sun was setting. Turning my head I just watched the sky and how free I felt. I miss being free and young. In the last year I feel like I aged five years.

Realizing the time "I need to get home before I get punished again. Spraying some fruity smelling spray on me so I wouldn't stink of weed.

//

RYAN POV

Pulling up to Kennedy's house. She was standing on the stairs talking to some guy. I jumped out of my car walking up to them "hey!". Eyeing the guy quickly before putting my arm around her shoulders.

"Ryan this is Isaac, Isaac this is..." cutting her off "her boyfriend Ryan" I said. She sighed "Ryan stop it!". Isaac laughed "boyfriend? Last time I checked she was single".

"Don't worry about who she's dating... cause it ain't you" I said. Kennedy rolled her eyes "can you stop?! This is what I was talking about!".

"What?! Because I'm claiming you as my woman it's a problem?! Most girls would be flattered by this" I said.

"Well not me!" She said. Isaac smirked "Oop someone mad now".

"Isaac no offense but you're over crowding out personal time together. So if you don't mind..." I said.

"But I do mind. Kennedy doesn't seem comfortable" he said.

"Look Kennedy and I dated for years okay. I can tell when she's uncomfortable. And if you don't get the hell out of here..." I warned. He sucked his teeth "man listen... call me later".

"Nah bro she ain't calling you later" I chimed in. He fanned me away. Kennedy shook her head at me "really? Ryan?!".

"What now?!" I asked. She stormed back into her house locking the door. "So are we not hanging out today?!" I yelled. Hearing the window open she smirked. That's when she started throwing eggs at me. Ducking and jumping to my car. She kept hitting my car with eggs. Speeding away cease this girl was crazy.