16.

SALEM POV

I should feel a lot better since the big secret is out

I should feel a lot better since the big secret is out. But I feel more paranoid than usual. My anxiety is on a all time High. My mind keeps telling me he's going to end up finding me. At this point I might need meds to relax me.

Harlow came bursting through my room door "okay so I need some info from you".

"You could knock" I said.

"Oooo... if only I didn't promise mom. I would've Bruce Lee you through the wall already" she said.

I sighed "what do you want to know?" I asked.

"Well do you remember anything from that awful night. Like, anything around his apartment. Or maybe his looks. Anything" she said.

"He drinks a lot of coffee. Umm... his place was very neat. Oh I did manage to see a degree on his wall. Something about John Jay College" the irony he went to a criminology school and he's out here raping young girls that he meets online.

Harlow nodded "so I see he did the ted bundy".

"Meaning what?" I asked.

"Meaning he's trying to spy on what goes on with law so if anything he can elude from the cops and keep doing what he's doing" she said.

"Wow! Harlow you're very smart" I said.

"Oh I know! Not genius level but I'm up there" she said.

"So what happens now?" I asked.

"Well I'm going to see what I can get from what you gave me. He may think he's smart but I can surely say he's not. I'll catch him. Mark my words" she said.

"You know... I usually give you a very hard time. But I have to say thank you for being there for me and believing me. You're the best sister Harlow" I hugged her. Harlow stiffened up "okay enough". Pulling back  she smiled "anytime Sis". She jumped off my bed and walked out my room.

//

GIA POV

Kai and I were sitting on the couch just watching some television. He was telling me about summer and it was cute. Kai was head over heels for this girl. Summer is a very lucky girl to have someone like Kai.

The news came on since it was five in the evening. First story on the news was of a missing teen from the area. That caught my attention due to the fact I have kids myself. "Kai? Doesn't he go to your school?".

He looked at the screen "yeah he does".

"Wow! Poor thing is missing. His family must be going crazy trying to find him" I said.

Kai shrugged "I guess so".

"You two weren't friends?" I asked.

"Nope... but I hope they find him" he said. Turning from Kai who didn't seem to care like I did. But then again I'm a mom. Can't help the way I feel. Could've been any one of our kids. He got up and went to his room.

Delano joined me on the couch just before that news story was finished. "Poor kid! Hopefully he's found safe and sound".

"That's what I said..." hearing a crash I glanced at the twins who were on top of each other reaching for something "hey! What are you doing?". They separated from each other and ran off. Sometimes I wonder why I don't have normal children.

//

KAI POV 

"I miss you!" Summer and I were on the phone FaceTiming. "I miss you! Wish you were here with me. In my arms" I said.

"Aww Kai you are too sweet! But I'm happy we are together" she said.

"Me too! I've been dreaming about when we would be as a couple. Couldn't be happier" I said.

"Saw the news tonight. His disappearance is getting media coverage. Crazy, right?" She asked. 

"Yup I mean he wasn't that much of an importance for all the attention. To be honest he was a horrible person" I said.

"Kai?! He's missing! He could be dead and you're talking smack about him" she said. Little did she know.

"You're right! I'm sorry... just expressing my opinion on the situation" I said. Seeing her dad coming through her room door "hold on". I nodded and watched her dad argue about the fact she was talking to me. This man is beyond annoying. Summer glanced at me a little nervous.

Her dad slammed her room door closed. She turned to me "sorry".

"Don't be... are you okay?" I asked.

She nodded "just wish my dad would be more understanding. It's whatever. But I have to go". Seeing summer hurt angered me. "Yeah sure" I waved and she smiled ending the FaceTime. Throwing a knife I had at the wall it hit the target I had square in the middle.

Laying down I stared at my ceiling just thinking of the life I would have with summer. Call me crazy but I see us getting married, having children. Being happy.