24.

KAI POV

Laying in bed

Laying in bed... just replaying the whole night over and over in my head. The doctor wanted me to rest for a two weeks. My mom was the best. She made sure I was comfortable. I still can't believe summers dad is the person he is.

Hearing a creek in the floor I looked at my door to see summer standing there. Motioning her to come in some more. She slowly walked in but stood by the door "hey".

"Hey, come here" I said.

She walked over to me "I don't want to hurt you anymore than you already are".

"You could never hurt me. Sit" I said. She sat slowly on the bed "how are you feeling?". "I'm better now having you next to me". She smiled "again it's my fault why you are hurt. I'm sorry!".

"Summer this isn't your fault. Nor do I blame you. Did my mom speak to you?" I asked. Figuring my mom could relate to summer so I had her talk to her. She nodded "yeah she did".

"Good! I hope you can find some solace in what she said. My mom comes from a past of trauma. With your dad... hitting you... my mom would be the best person to speak to" I said. Summer looked away from me and started biting her nail.

"Kai, I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to look at me any different. You were the only person you looked at me like I was someone special. Felt like if I had even mentioned it to you, you would've slowly started distancing yourself from me. You are my only friend. Don't think I would handle it well if that happened" she said. Grabbing her hand into mine. "Summer not sure if you don't realize how much I really like you. But nothing and I mean nothing can make me see you any differently than I do now".

She blushed "what happens now?".

"Well for one.. you are not going back to your home. You can always stay here or we can find some relative that you're close to" I said.

"Not really close to any extended family" she said.

"Then you can stay here. It'll be like us living together. Just starting a lot sooner" I joked. She smiled at me. Pulling her to be I went in for a kiss. We both needed some type of affection. That's when I felt something wet hit my cheek. Summer was tearing. "What's wrong?".

"Thank you! For everything" she whispered. She laid down next to me hugging me. I held her close to me.

//

DELANO POV

I was so upset on hearing what happened to both our children

I was so upset on hearing what happened to both our children. This wasn't the life I wanted for neither of them. Watching summers dad walk freely knowing my son was hurt pissed me off. Sitting in my car with the window slightly open. I watched as he joked around with other officers. Even seeing him during some young girls who were minding their business.

Usually before I strike I like to stalk my prey. Watching the mannerisms, everyday errands. Looking at the time I knew I was done for the day. Once I got home gia eyed me "and you were?".

"Work" I said.

"I'm not dumb! Where were you?" She asked again.

"Out that's all" I said.

"I'm going to tell you what I told Ryan. I get it! You're upset about Kai! I am too! But don't do anything stupid. This man is a cop. He goes missing the whole precinct will be out looking for him. Play this carefully" she said.

I nodded "you're right".

"Also he's summers dad. Yes, he's abused her but in the end it's her dad. We cannot act irrationally!" She said. A knock on the door interrupted us. Turning to each other she shrugged. "I'll answer it" she said. Walking pass me she opened the door "haven't you done enough damage?".

Peaking to see summers dad at the front door.

"Look just give me back summer and we can all move on with life" she said.

Gia laughed "yeah... okay! Are you dumb? Would you actually think I would willingly give you summer back?! Especially after telling me you been abusing her?!".

He shook his head " Summer has a history of lying! Since her mom left us years ago she's been on this looking for attention phase".

"Wow! You are a sick fuck! Coming here and making up stories about your daughters claim of abuse! Well I believe her that's one and two I saw what you did to my son" she said.

Summers dad's face completely changed when Gia said that. "Look I want my daughter back, now!" He stepped closer to her cutting off any personal space. But Gia wasn't backing away "I said no! Now get the hell off my property!".

He put his hand on the side of the wall blocking her from moving. That's when I quickly swung the door open more "can I help you?!". He glanced at me and smirked "of course! It's you! What? She couldn't find someone of her own kind. So you were last resort! This is what's wrong with this country now. Too many races mixing".

"She asked you to leave! So go!" I said.

He rolled his eyes at me and his focus was on Gia "me and her have some business to handle". Pulling Gia behind me I stood there "leave!". Hearing him laugh "I'll be back! And summer will be going home with me the next time I come back".

He stared at me one last time and walked down the steps and into his car. Turning to Gia "we have to take him out soon or he's going to end up doing something to one of us".

*** GUYS IM GOOD NOW!!! AMAZING HOW SOMEONE WASN'T SPEAKING TO ME BUT NOW CANT SHUT THE HELL UP!!!! (EYE ROLL).