8.

HARLOW POV

Now I was just minding my business and that's rare! I have to admit

Now I was just minding my business and that's rare! I have to admit. My friend and I were walking through town. Now I may be ten but I'm mature for my age and I don't take any crap. "Harlow you're a mess!".

"Me? A mess why?" I asked.

"You literally pushed his face in his lunch tray!" She said.

"Oh he deserved that. Calling me fat! Where?!" I said. We continued to walk until we got near my home. Stopping to just chat and that's when I saw it. Jasmine was holding hands with some guy walking. That skank... she knows how hurt my brother is over his ex and here she is cheating on him. How rude!

Doing what I knew how to do... I ran up to her and shoved her causing her to fall in a nice dirt patch "that's where you belong you pig" I yelled. The guy looked confused "She's dating my brother and you! Get away as fast as you can!". The guy looked uncomfortable and walked off.

Getting closer to jasmine "if I ever see you around my home or brother again it'll be your last!". My friend grabbed my arm "come on crazy. Don't mind her".

"Can't believe her!" I said.

"Harlow you can't go bullying people. That's not your problem" my friend said.

"True! But Ryan is my brother" I said. When I got home I ran to see where he was but he wasn't home. Dammit!. I'll just wait for him to come back. And hopefully he didn't go to see jasmine.

//

SALEM POV

I can't stand the smell of coffee. It brings back bad memories. Anytime I'm near it I cover my nose. Just getting a whiff of it brings me back. So I try to not walk anywhere near a coffee house. Luckily no one in the house makes coffee.

Sleepiness was coming over me... I needed a nap since I didn't sleep well last night. Or more like every night...

(Dream sequence)...

"Dad I'll be back okay" I yelled. He came out "where are you going?".

"To meet a friend. I'll be back later" I said. He nodded and went back to the twins. Ever since my mom left he's been super busy. So I try and not get in his way. Walking to the local store to meet this friend I made online. We share the same interest and she's the same age as me. I think that's so cool. Finally someone I can relate to!.

Waiting for ten minutes I saw this man walk in looking around. Not trying to give him eye contact cause I was waiting for someone too. He approached me "Salem?".

"Umm how did you know my name?" I asked.

"Oh you were speaking to my daughter but she's sick and couldn't come but she's dying to see you" he said. He seemed like a nice man. Looking around and back at him "Umm are you sure?".

He nodded "I can call her if you like".

Shaking my head " no let's go! But I have to be back in an hour". He smiled "that'll be no problem".

When we got to his apartment it didn't seem like any kids lived there or maybe my house has too many. "Where is she?".

He pointed to the room "in there".

Walking to the closed door I opened it and went inside he came right behind me and pushed me on the bed. I tried to fight as much as I could but he overpowered me.

He kept repeating his pretty I was in the midst of hurting me. It hurt so bad. Felt like he was slicing me open over and over. When he was done he cleaned me up and drove me back to the store. I was in shock. He told me his if I said anything he would come back since he knows where I live and it'll be much worst next time. He touched my hair and called me beautiful.

When he let me out I cried so loud. Walking home and into the house. I went straight to the shower and scrubbed as hard as I could. That was the start of my many problems.

(End)

I jumped up in sweat... hyperventilating as well. I have thus nightmare every god damn night. I wish I could actually sleep like I used to. Opening my night stand I opened a pill jar and swallowed a sleeping pill. Taking a few deep breaths to calm down.

Putting my headphones on I put music on so it would help me to chill out before sleep hit. Never telling a soul about what happened for the sake of my safety and I know my dad was dealing with so much. He didn't need anymore added stress on his plate.