Hardships

Warning : angst, abuse

"Mom!" I looked ar her in horror. Her eyes sunken from all the pot she has been doing, her lips bleeding. I looked at my dad, desperately trying to find a pulse. It was no use he was gone.

"That son of a bitch cheated on me," she said it so plainly, like murdering a person was the same as eating a doughnut. "He got what he deserved,"

"Mom!" I got up. "You know what's going to happen?! You're going to jail. Fucking jail!"

"Why you taking his side now?!" she growled at me, annoyed. "He's a bitch that deserved to die,"

"MOM!" I bellowed. What was she? Mad? "THAT'S NOT EVEN THE POINT!"

"HOW DARE YOU RAISE YOUR VOICE AT YOUR MOTHER YOU PATHETIC FOOL!"

"YOU'RE GOING TO JAIL, AND I CAN'T HELP YOU," I stormed away calling the police. Before I could even dial, I felt glass smashing on my head. I felt the pain and blood trickling down my head.

"CALL THE FUCKING POLICE AND YOU DIE!"

"NO, I HAVE TO," I dodged her next attack, missing me by inches.

She ran to me tackling me to the ground. I yelped in pain as my back hit the ground. I felt her breath scented with alcohol and making my ears shiver.

"You call the police and you die," she whispered in my ear. I felt a shard of glass on my neck. I gasped in horror and I stayed silent.

"Understand!?" she cut my arm.

"AHHHHHH,"

"DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND?!"

"Y-Yes ma'am," I whimpered, feeling my blood pour. My head felt light headed as I was in pain. She let go of me and got up, getting the whiskey bottle on the cabinet.

I cried softly as I reached my phone, making an attempt to leave this house.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"Out,"

"No you're not," She got close to me. "I don't trust you anymore. Give me your phone," she put a hand now. I hesitated a bit.

"I SAID GIVE YOUR FUCKING PHONE DIPSHIT," she grabbed it from my hand. I got really mad but also scared. My mom has changed a lot after alcohol. Now I don't even know who she is anymore.

"You're gonna help me bury his body," she said. I totally forgot my dad was dead in the hall. I look back to his lifeless body, seeing him turn blue. I can't do this.

"I-I can't!"

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T?!" She faced me eye to eye. I saw the scars on her face. "YOU WANNA DIE?!"

I shook my head.

"Good, now take him, go,"

I silently obeyed my mother but as I looked down at my dad, my rage spiralled. I spotted a half broken glass nearby. Without thinking, I stood up at my mom.

"NOT IF YOU DIE FIRST!" I screamed before stabbing her at her stomach. Her eyes almost popped open as she stumbled to the ground, blood splurting all over my shirt.

After realizing what I've done, I backed away horrified. I killed a person, I killed my mom, I killed. Tears started to well in my eyes as all my anger subsided. It's true I have anger issues but I've never killed a person before. I hit the wall as I slid down, burying my face in my bloody hands. I was a killer, I killed my own mom. I'm an orphan. I cried that night.