Ice Cream (p.2)

I watched as he laid his eyes on the various choices in the freezer. The Nomin couple were doing some questionable things making me regret this whole decision in the first place.

"Let share a banana split!" Jaemin grinned as he looked at Jeno. "Pleaseee~"

"As long as you don't order pistachio,"

"What's wrong with pistachio?!"

They started arguing over that, making me roll my eyes. Renjun saw it and shrugged at me, smiling.

"I swear I'm this close to bonking their heads together,"

"Well," Renjun said as he looked over to the two. "Why not we just order ours and sit?"

"Good idea," I moved closer to him to see the options much more clearer, even though I already know what I want. I could smell his strawberry scented shampoo. It was pretty sweet and soothing, just like him himself.

"Ah," I noticed his ears turn pink. His reactions are pretty cute, making me wonder how he still hasn't belted out on how close I was. "Can I have a scoop of the cookie dough?" I loved his voice, it was soothing like honey.

The girl who took the order quickly scooped the said ice cream. Renjun looked at me. Again, I fell into his spell, keeping contact with his brown pupils.

"E-excuse me?" We both turned to the girl who looked pretty awkward to be in this situation. Renjun's scoop was ready at the counter. "Anything else?"

"D-Donghyuck?" Renjun said, scared to make eye contact with me again. I looked at the girl.

"A scoop of the cookies and cream ice cream please!"

She smiled at my enthusiasm and quickly tended to my order. I looked over to the Nomin couple who were still quarreling over something as crazy as ice cream flavors. I sighed.

"Will that be all?"

"Yeah, thanks" I said as I got out my wallet. Renjun proceeded to take his wallet out too but I stopped him.

"What?"

"Let me pay for you," I said as I looked at the girl at the counter. "How much will that be?"

Renjun wanted to protest but it was too late. I handed my money to her and picked up the cups. I handed Renjun's cup to him which he accepted whole-heartedly.

"You didn't have to," he said as we sat down, literally ditching my friends.

"You didn't have to pay for my cupcake either," I winked at him. He smiled at how I remembered it.

"Touche," he said as he popped a small scoop of his ice cream in his mouth. I grinned at how aesthetic he looked, with that white shirt. His eyes made contact with mine again as I ate my ice cream.

"How's the kittens?" I randomly asked, making conversation.

"They're cute, but they can be a handful," he laughed. "Just like my brothers,"

We talked about his brothers for a bit. I had to laugh at his funny stories with his brothers. They are a pretty cute family. As we were deep in conversation, Jaemin and Jeno managed to sit opposite us, out of breath. I looked at Renjun and we both laughed.

"Laugh all you want," Jaemin pouted. "We have come to an agreement,"

I looked at the banana split between them. There was pistachio ice cream, yet it was far off to Jaemin's side. Jeno sighed as he looked at his boyfriend. "I'm sorry for lashing out..." he said timidly. Jaemin looked at Jeno who was genuinely sad and he softened.

"It's okay~" Jaemin said as he kissed Jeno on the nose. "You don't have to touch that I swear,"

"Thank you~"

Looks like the Nomin couple were back to being cringy. I looked over to Renjun who was holding his laughter and probably some snarky comments. He was doing pretty well. Unfortunately though, he met my eyes and we both burst in heaps of laughter. We laughed so much that our stomachs were hurting.

The couple looked at each other shrugging. We have all stopped questioning each other a very long time ago.

By the time they finished their ice cream, Renjun has enlightened them with his passion of art and also music which was well received by Jeno, since they liked the same artists.

Meanwhile I was quiet in the conversation, not because I didn't have anything to talk about, I just liked to listen Renjun talk instead, with his honey glazing voice. While drifting in and out of the conversation, I spared some more glances at him unconsciously.

He was just so pretty.

"Well Renjun!" Jeno said as they all got up. "It's really nice to meet you,"

"You too Jeno, and Jaemin," he said looking at the both of them. Jaemin smiled as he took Jeno's hand. I inwardly rolled my eyes at them.

"Take care of our Hyuck ah~" he said as we walked out of the shop.

"Yah!" I said looking at Jaemin with another scowl. He just laughed, again.

"I think he needs more than being looked after," Jeno remarked. I gave him another glare.

"Ughhh go back to your apartment! Shoo!"

"Bye Injunniee~"

Renjun waved at them and turned to me. "They're nice,"

"Ya think?" I sighed. Those idiots embarrassed me just like your typical parents.

"So what do you wanna do? My shift's only at 5,"

I looked at my watch. It's still 2 p.m. "Dunno, what do you wanna do?"

"I'm okay with anything you want but nothing tiring,"

"Nothing tiring, okay," I pretended to tick an imaginary checklist. "Anything else cutie?"

"Ah," he rolled his eyes, already used to the nickname. "And well, anything your comfortable with,"

I instinctively blushed at him. He laughed at my reaction. I smiled sheepishly.

"Can I come over to your house then? I want to see the kittens..." I cautiously asked. "Unless you don't want to,"

"Yeah we could definitely go to my house! I don't feel like doing anything. Although be prepared to face my brothers,"

"No problem! Lead the way!"

I'm going through a really weird writers block so sorry for the crappy chapter😥