Finding

I turned to the familiar neighbourhood of Renjun's as I felt the chilly wind hit my body. I felt so glad I was wearing a really cozy sweater today. I rang the doorbell of his familiar house, waiting in anticipation.

A small head peeked through the window and saw me, quickly opening the gate. I saw Renshu at the door, looking at me confused.

"Donghyuck hyung? What are you doing here?"

"Where is Renjun?"

"Renjun left for school in the morning," Renshu said. "Aren't you supposed to be at school too?"

"What?" I said. "But he didn't attend school!"

"Hah?!" Renshu quickly panicked. "Really hyung?"

"Really! Why would I lie to you?"

"B-But he clearly left the house just now, telling me he was going to school!"

"He's not answering my texts damn,"

"Oh no what if hyung was kidnapped?!" A traumatized look shadowed his face, scaring both him and I.

"No Renshu it's okay, I'll search for him,"

"H-How?"

"I have my ways," Donghyuck said. "You stay home and take care of Jianyu,"

"S-Should I call my parents?"

"If I find no traces of him, which probably won't happen," I quickly added to convince both of us. "Then you call them, maybe it was something not so serious,"

"You sure hyung?"

"Trust me," I said. "I'll find him,"

"Okay,"

As I left their house, I called Renjun's number on the phone. No answer.

"Dammit!" I quickly walked around to find any sign of Renjun, passing by different roads, almost to a point where I got lost myself. I kept calling his phone, no answer. Where the fuck did he disappear to?

It was then, I passed by the bakery. 

"Donghyuck!" he shouted. I turned back again to see Xiaojun outside, frowning with his apron on.

I ran to him, catching my breath.

"Woah what have you been doing?"

"Renjun is gone! I have no idea where he went!" 

He couldn't believe it. "What d-do you mean?"

"His brothers told me he left for school but he didn't arrive at all and I don't know where-"I trailed off, feeling my throat hurt.

"Okay, breathe Donghyuck,"

I took slow breaths for the second time today.

"Have you called the police?"

"N-No,"

"Okay," Xiaojun said. "Wait here,"

I waited as he went in, telling Kun something. Pulling off his apron, he stuffed his bag and put on his black cap.

"Let's go to the station, we should inform them at least,"

"Don't you think we should tell his parents?"

"Okay let's go to his house,"

We practically ran before he quickly stopped, confusing me. 

"What?" I said before pants.

"Do you hear that?"

I stayed quiet. I heard a soft wailing undeniably from a person. It was coming from an abandoned building.