Him again

I slumped my shoulders as I walked home from school. That guy didn't come today. I was getting worked up and all today and he didn't come! Gosh.

A part of me was scolding myself for being so selfish. He probably has a lot of things going on. But then again he'd probably skip school to get off with some things.

I walked to the bakery with my brain seething. I scolded myself for being so enthusiastic today. So what if he didn't come? Why did I have to care?

I looked down at my white sneakers as I continued walking. A habit I usually did. I was usually cast aside by the public eye and somehow this habit emerged. I didn't even try to shake off my thoughts of that tanned boy. I've given up on it a long time ago.

As I opened the door, my eyes widened. There he was.

Lee Donghyuck.

"Renjun hi!" Xiaojun looked at me and grinned. "This is my cousin, Donghyuck!"

"He's your cousin?" I asked looking at Xiaojun judgingly before looking at Donghyuck again.

"You know him?" Xiaojun looked at me. I shrugged.

"We're classmates," he said, smiling. I almost melted at the sweet smile. It was so bright, and cute.

"Ah.." Xiaojun said. I nodded at him. "I see..."

"Speaking of class," Donghyuck said. "How was the writing coming along?"

"I've come to the build up," I said. "Do you want to read it?"

Donghyuck shrugged. "Sure,"

I dug for my file in my bag and gave it to him. As he took it, our fingers touched. I quickly pulled away my fingers at the sudden tingling feeling.

"Ah thanks,"

I looked at him. Did he, out of all people, say thanks? To me?

"Ah...welcome," I sheepishly grinned and quickly walked to the staff room. I got in and hung my school bag on the rail. I looked at the mirror nearby. Sure enough, my face was tomato red. I tried to think of other things as I got my apron.

After tying my apron, I walked out to see Kun still giving Yukhei a lecture. If I had a US dollar for every time Kun lectured Yukhei. I'd be rich, pretty rich.

I looked over to see a young girl at the counter. Everyone else was busy so I tended to her needs.

"Thank you for coming!" I said as she walked out. She turned and smiled. She seems pretty nice.

I felt a suspicious glare from somewhere. I turned around. Everyone was focused on something. Even Donghyuck.

His face concentrating on the manuscript was really hot. His deep brown eyes were scanning every word. He looked pretty handsome today, in that black shirt.

"Stop drooling,"  I looked to see Ten next to me with a smirk.

"And what are you doing here hyung?"

"Does it matter? You like him right?"

"Hyung!" I whispered. "He might hear you!"

"So you do?"

"No,"

"Then I'll just playfully tell him you like him, how bout that?"

"You want my shoe on your face?"

Ten rolled his eyes. "There's no point in denying Injunniee~" he said in a sing-songy voice as he left to the pantry. I sighed and looked back at Donghyuck. Our eyes met this time, and we kept it there for a long time.

He grinned.

Before I could reply anything an old lady stayed at the counter. Kun was missing again. I tended to her and watch her leave.

After some hours of tending the other customers, I took a deep breath and propped my elbows on the counter. Kun had to run an errand and now I'm here as cashier.

"Renjun?" I looked up to see Donghyuck right in front of me. I almost jumped. I could smell the waft of his aftershave. That was how close he was.

"Y-yeah?"

"This is great," he said as he placed the manuscript on the counter. "Couldn't have put it better myself,"

"Oh um, thanks," I took the script. He looked at me with an incomprehensible blur in his eyes. I raised my eyebrow.

"Yeah?"

"You should wear your hair like that often. You look cute,"

I turned beetroot. Before we could say anything, Xiaojun came out with his cap.

"My shift's over, you want anything Hyuck?" He paused a bit as he saw the both of us. Donghyuck's quickly looked at his cousin and smiled. That smile. How dare he turn me in a blushing mess and beam a smile as innocent as that?!

"Ooh can I have that Red Velvet cupcake?"

I looked at his suddenly bright face, reminding me of a little kid at a toy store.

"Ah yeah?" I said as I took the cupcake from the display, packing it in a box. Xiaojun was going to give me the money but I didn't take it.

"On the house ge," I said in Chinese

"Kun hyung will kill you," Xiaojun replied with a worried face.

"He won't," I laughed. "See you tomorrow!"

Donghyuck who was looking at us weirdly shrugged it off. "Bye Renjun,"

"Bye Donghyuck,"