Wish

I smiled weakly as I kissed Donghyuck on the forehead before leaving for the night. It was the next day, when the judge decides that Donghyuck should be thrown into jail or left on probation. He was still a minor so a death sentence was definitely ruled out. 

The news was depressing, as everyone thinks he's a murderer. If Donghyuck hadn't saved me that day, my parents would already have a bad opinion of Donghyuck. The press can be really convincing, sometimes.

"Renjun, if anything happens tomorrow," he said looking in my eyes. "Just remember if I'm sent away I will always love you, and I don't expect you to wait for me. Remember that,"

"Hyuck please," I said, fighting back my tears. "You'll do fine! Your uncle is a respected lawyer. You will definitely win this," I gripped his hand in reassurance. "I'll come after school tomorrow,"

"Really?"

"Yes, Hyuck," I smiled. "But text me if the case finishes earlier okay?"

"Okay," he nodded. 

"Babe, I know it's hard to sleep tonight," I started. "And I want to be with you but I can't but get some rest," 

"I'll try,"

"Do it for me," I smiled. "I love you,"

Donghyuck wasn't expecting that at all. His eyes widened in realization and he beamed the most sweetest smile I've ever seen from him. His eyes twinkled as tears rolled down his cheeks. I panicked and quickly took some tissues.

"Hyuck please don't cry,"

"I-I'm scared,"

"Shush baby," I said. "I'm here,"

"N-No you don't understand, I'm scared I will have to let you go," he said in the most heartbroken voice I heard. It was soft and pained, nothing like how he usually talks. I was so worried for him. He has never cried in front of me before and here he was clinging onto me like I was his only hope.

"Hyuck, look at me," he looked at me as he sobbed. I wiped his tears as he coughed. "Whatever happens, will happen," he sighed. "But you have to remember, I'll be here," I placed my hand on his chest, feeling his soft thumping heart beats. "And I will wait,"

"No you don't have to,"

"It's not a must thing Hyuck," I looked at him. "I want to,"

"But if you fell in love with someone else while," he took a deep breath. "while I'm gone, I don't mind okay, I don't expect you to wait,"

"I know Hyuck," I rubbed his back and kissed his crown. "I know,"

My own writing is making me emo I'm angry at myself lmao.