Bright

The pain from my fingers was so painful I couldn't even feel it anymore. Even so, it doesn't matter at all cause my crush was in my hands, bleeding because he saved me. If I wasn't in this mess he wouldn't even have to risk his life. He'd be okay, we'd be okay.

My heart sank even deeper as he closed his eyes. He told me he loved me, like it was the last time. Like he had nothing to risk anymore.

"Hyuck! Hyuck!" I cried shaking him, slapping his face trying to wake him up. His eyes didn't even move. I checked his pulse, it was still beating. Thank god. "Hyuck wake up!"

"Incoming," My eyes could make out a blurry shape of people bringing a carrier. I let them rush Donghyuck to the hospital, trying to get up myself. Xiaojun squeezed my shoulders in assurance. 

"He'll be alright," he whispered. I felt like he was trying to comfort himself more than I. He looked at me and Jisung. "We need to get the two of you to the hospital too,"

"Thank you," Jisung said, for the both of us. I stayed quiet, my emotions devouring me whole. Will I be able to see him smile like that again? Will I be able to see his brown chocolate eyes again, staring into mine? Will I even be able to even talk to him again?

I heard my phone buzzing. I instinctively used my right hand to get it out of my pocket and winced. Gritting my teeth, I took my phone and answered the call.

"GE GE ARE YOU OKAY?!" I pulled the phone away. Renshu is so loud.

"Y-yes I am Renshu, how'd you know I went missing?" I followed Jisung and Xiaojun in the ambulance.

"Your boyfriend came to our house searching for you, he was so worried! What happened?"

"I-It's a long-" I stopped for a bit catching my breath. Renshu shouldn't know I'm crying. "A long story, I'll tell you later okay?"

Renshu must have sensed my tone as he didn't question further. "Okay ge, come back home safe yeah,"

"I will, Shu," I put down the phone and heaved a pained sigh.

"Here," Jisung said as he passed an ice bag. "For your fingers,"

"T-thank you,"

"It's okay hyung," he said squeezing my shoulders in comfort. I cried again, harder. It's just that you cry harder when someone comforts you you know? You feel so vulnerable. He let my rest my head on his shoulder as I cried, rubbing my arm slowly.

"Hyuck, you're going to be okay," I heard Xiaojun whisper softly. I realized it must be hard for him too, he was the older cousin, the one who was supposed to look out for his younger stepbrother. If Renshu or Jianyu were in this situation I would cry like how I am now but Xiaojun was composed. Really composed.

Was that a mask for now?

I was rushed to get my fingers cemented and bandaged. I was put on sedatives and therefore I was unsure about anything. About 4 hours later, I woke up. Remembering about Donghyuck, I quickly sat up.

"Renjun calm down," I saw my mom next to me, fighting back her tears.

"Momm!" I cried again. She quickly pulled me in a hug.

"It's okay now Jun," she ruffled my hair. "It's okay," she kissed my forehead.

We stayed like that for a bit.

"You okay now Jun?" She rubbed my left hand's fingers. I sighed.

"I am, but Hyuck, is he okay?"

"The boy who saved you? He's not in any danger now Jun, everything is fine now," she said. "When he wakes up I'll have to thank him for saving you,"