Happened

After Xiaojun went out of my room, getting ready for his shift at the bakery, I went to take a shower. I got out my books on the study table and sighed. It has been so long since I actually done homework.

I finished it all just as the sun set, sighing in relief. Thankfully I'm not a full on dunderhead and can pretty much understand the basics. I sat down on my bed, looking at my phone. Should I call him or not? 

After some time of my thoughts fighting in my head. I decided to just call him. I mean, he did say he wanted to go out sometime. 

But what if he's busy now? And I accidentally disturb him.

Shut up and just call him Donghyuck.

I listened for the dial tone until I heard it answered.

"Hello?" I heard Renjun's sweet honey like voice. I smiled but my stomach was doing flip flops again.

"Hi cutie~"

"W-w-well, I've come very close with the ending," Renjun said, disregarding my new nickname for him. I muffled my laugh at his cute stutter. "I'd probably finish it tomorrow," he paused. "So do you wanna review it again?"

"Ah about that," I stopped to think for a bit. "I'm free on Sunday. In fact," I said, my heart hammering. "My friends said they wanted all four of us to hang out on Sunday anyway, and maybe later I can go through the essay. How bout it?"

He paused a bit, making me nervous. What if he didn't want that?

"Ah, I have a shift in the evening," he said. "Maybe we could hang in the afternoon?"

"Oh really!?" I said a little too excited. "I-I meant oh really? That's cool,"

I heard Renjun laugh. I grinned. I made him laugh again! It's a blessing.

"Yeah, so have you guys plan anything yet?" he said mid chuckle.

"Ah we just planned on getting ice cream but I have to ask them if they anything in mind~" I said. "I'll get back to you tomorrow?"

"Ah yeah sure,-oi!" I heard him scream to something in the background. 

"Is that your boyfriend ge?!" a younger high pitched voice spoke in Korean. I instinctively blushed for some reason.

"No he's not! Go away Shu!" I heard Renjun speak. I laughed at this cute scenario. "I'm so sorry Donghyuck," 

"Ah it's okay," I laughed. "Your brother seems cute,"

"More like a demon in disguise," he sighed. "You're lucky to be an only child,"

"Hmm sureeee," I said sarcastically. 

"Well, the kids are pestering me to make dinner for them," Renjun sighed. "You'll call tomorrow?"

"Yeah,"

"Okay bye~" he said. 

"Bye~" I said. He hung up after that. My grin was so wide now, I felt like a grinning idiot. I fell on my bed looking at the ceiling fan rotate. I was still smiling. Heck I am so whipped for Renjun.

After some time of going through social media, I decided to sleep early tonight. I closed my eyes. My thoughts of Renjun were running wild in my head. I was sure I would dream about him at this point.

"Master Hyuck," I groggily opened my eyes to see Taeil shaking me. He stopped as he noticed I woke up. I questioningly looked at him. "I apologize for my intrusion Master Hyuck, but Ms Jung requested me to wake you up at this hour. The family will be leaving for the service in a hour,"

I nodded. "Thank you hyung!"

"My pleasure Master Hyuck,"

As he walked out I sighed. I'm still not used to 'Master Hyuck'.

I saw an ironed black buttoned up long sleeved shirt with black matching pants hanging on my closet. Taeil must have done it. Being rich is so weird.

I looked at my alarm clock. It was 7 in the morning. I adjusted myself and got out of my bed, quickly getting ready for the service. As I buttoned up my shirt, I remembered a distant memory of my mother humming my favorite nursery rhyme as a kid.

I had a pretty decent childhood. Sure my dad was never around and always caught up with his 'job' but my mom took good care of me. She used to bring me to the playground or sometimes just draw or play games with me at home. I smiled sadly at those distant memories as I straightened my tie.

"Hyuck you ready?" I saw Xiaojun at the door in his own black oriented attire. 

"Yeah," I said as I took one last look at my combed hair. I followed him downstairs.

After the ceremony, we went to the graveyard. My ears picked up the blunt rumours of my parents deaths. Some even looked at me like I was to blame. Well, I did kill my mom. 

Funnily enough, seeing my father so lifeless. It was hard to recognize him anymore. I saw the thin markings on his leathery face. He looked so cold, nothing like my dad. I couldn't even remember any good memories of him. That was how distant we were.

My mother, next to him, was so different now. It wasn't just the fact she was lifeless, it was how alcohol aged her tremendously. Her sweet eye crinkle now imprinted only in memory, something she will take with her to the grave. Suddenly, all the memories came flooding, choking me inside. I gasped for air as the tears started to roll down, again.

Xiaojun quietly put an arm around me, stabilizing my stance. I quietly sobbed as my mother was lowered down her grave. I didn't even cry for my father. It was silly, how I was the one who ended her life.

Shouldn't I have gave her a chance? To change her ways? Was I inhumane for killing her without giving her a chan-

"It's okay Hyuck," Xiaojun said. "It wasn't your fault,"

What did I do to deserve someone like Xiaojun.

After putting the flowers on her grave, I numbly followed my aunt to the car. She soothed me with her honey glazed words, making me feel a bit better. The car ride was silent. I looked above watching the brown leaves fall. Was there a heaven or hell? Knowing my mother she'd probably end up in hell, even if she didn't deserve it.

I heard a notification tone from my phone. I opened to see that Renjun messaged me. 

Renjun

Good Morning :)

I finished the essay!!

Call me when you can about tmr :)

I smiled for the first time today. I honestly can't wait to see him tomorrow.