Golden

I walked home hurriedly, as it suddenly started to rain. Well, it was already cloudy in the first place.

"Wow," Xiaojun who was sitting on the couch, reading a book, studied my drenched figure. "How'd your date go?"

"For the last time it's not a-"

"Donghyuck," I turned around to see my aunt walk towards me with a grave expression. My heart started to beat faster. Even Xiaojun sensed something wrong, he stood up and walked towards us. "There will be a case filed for you about your parents. Your uncle has tried to convince them not to do so so but the court was adamant,"

"W-what would happen if I was found guilty?" I asked. My aunt sighed. 

"Self defense will definitely reduce your punishment, but at least 4 years in prison school,"

"What?!" Xiaojun's eyes widened. "But he clearly stated that his mother hurt him! What other choice he had?!"

"I have no idea Jun," My aunt said. "But I hope that doesn't happen. Your uncle is a pretty good lawyer. He will definitely try his best Hyuck," She squeezed my shoulders in comfort. "I promise we will try our absolute best,"

"When?" I croaked, my voice catching in my throat, unable to fully escape. 

"This Friday,"

"Oh,"

I sat on my bed again that night, wondering what could happen. I didn't have any commitments before and my crush on Renjun was very small, like a budding flower. Now, though, it had bloomed into a bright blossom of love and it engulfed me everyday. After that incident, making me into an orphan, I've started to wonder about my future, wondering what career should I start aiming for. It may seem like it's too late but I've always been a bright student, just with some studying I could probably pull decent grades to get a job. If I go to jail, all my ambitions would die. Even though I would be there for 4 years, it would be hard to pay for college after that. All these thoughts engulfed me as I stared the ceiling fan. The fan has become my staring buddy for a while now.

I had to win this case. I just had to.

As I drifted into a world beneath my eyelids, the night slowly turned into the day, where my alarm clock rang. I opened my eyes towards reality and groggily sat up. It was another day at school. At least I'll get to see Renjun.

"Yah," Xiaojun opened my door as I pulled on a shirt. I had just exited from a shower and my hair smelled like a fruit bowl. "I'm going to college now, you want me to send you to school or not?"

"Xièxie Xiaojun ge~"

"That's the only amount of chinese you know right?" he said giving me an amused look. 

"I know Wŏ ài nĭ also ya!"

"You should save that for Renjun,"

"Yah!" I flushed as he started to chuckle. "Hurry up Chinese wannabe,"

I scowled as he left laughing. I seized my bag and checked my reflection. I flattened my fluffy hair and tried to smile for a bit. I looked really awkward. I sighed as I exited my room, seizing a banana from the kitchen.

Xiaojun muffled a laugh, making me rethink my decision. I took an apple instead. 

"Let's go,"

I reached school and quickly went to my locker, seizing my books. I felt a tap on my shoulder and looked back, almost fainting with shock when I saw Renjun. 

"Yo Hyuck, you alright?"

"Y-Yeah,"

"So I wanted to ask you, have you decided?"

"Huh?"

"You forgot!" He shook his head almost laughing. "Does Buster ring any bells?"

"Ah shoot!" I was so preoccupied from yesterday's news. I completely forgot.

"It's okay," Renjun laughed. That laugh is illegal, a sound reminding me of the warm sun and glazing honey. It's definitely illegal. "My brothers were pestering me, saying the cat looks happier with you. I honestly agree with them but they just can't stop pestering!" 

I laughed as I shut my locker. Our first class is English, so we both walked to class. Ever since I've commented about Renjun's hairstyle, he's been wearing that same style every time we meet. He noticed I was staring and instinctively blushed. 

"What?!" he said in a cloud of red cheeks.

"What?" I said to him. He sighed, exasperated. 

"You keep, staring at me......" he trailed off looking away. He's so cute.

"You want me to stop?"

"N-No b-bbut why?!"

"Why not? I always stare at pretty things," I smirked. "Get used to it,"

"Aish," he was even more red now. "You just had to,"

"Yes cutie," We entered the class, scampering to our tables as the bell rang. 

Our teacher entered the class shortly after that. 

"So our presentation is tomorrow, I hope all of you will be ready," 

Renjun and I both looked at each other and smiled. We were ready. That look turned into another appreciation for the pretty glowing flecks in his eyes. I love it when our pupils engage with each other so much.

He quickly turned away as the teacher started the lesson.

I was paying attention to both the teacher and Renjun. He did say he didn't want me to stop staring. How I wished I had other classes with this gorgeous boy. At least I had mathematics with Jaemin after this although being pestered about yesterday was not very ideal.

"So class I expect these worksheets on my desks tomorrow," I saw the worksheets handed out by one of the girls earlier. It's first period and we already have to finish five worksheets. I really hate school.

The bell rung as I slipped the papers in my file. Renjun propped up his books as he got up. I was already done and I just quietly watched his pretty hands assemble the notes. He noticed me staring and just bit his lip, making me quickly look away as I started to feel the colour rise on my cheeks.

"So, I'll see you later?" I said. "Come recess with us,"

"I promised Chenle-"

"Bring him along," 

"You sure?"

"Why not? Jaemin will make sure he feels welcome I'll bet,"

"Hmm," he thought for a bit. "I'll see what I can do,"

OkaysoIuploadedaRenjunbookifyouguyswannagoreadthatifyouareinterested