Face

I walked into Jeno's apartment with a bright smile. The couple looked at me like I was mad.

"Someone's happy today," Jeno remarked in Jaemin's arms. My previous self would have just rolled my eyes at them for being clingy but now I was over the moon to care.

"Ah Jeno, our child's in love," Jaemin said as he kissed the older on the forehead. "Just like us,"

Okay that was too much.

"Can you guys just stop!" I said before sitting down on the carpet. I had no room to march to anyway.

"Definitely never," Jeno said. "If you're staying with us you gotta be used to this,"

"I know~"

Jaemin and Jeno both exchanged smiles I can't comprehend. Instead I looked back down to my phone. Should I text him? Would that look too eager? Besides what the hell am I supposed to say to him?

"Don't text him yet idiot," Jeno laughed. "You just got back from meeting him,"

"Who said I was gonna?"

"You were practically contemplating it Hyuck," Jaemin laughed. "Calm yourself,"

"How does one deal with a stupid crush?"

"It's not stupid," Jeno remarked. "It's cute, and your smiling now," Jeno ruffled my hair. I scowled at him. He just laughed. "Okay maybe not now,"

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. All three of us tensed at the sudden sound. It grew louder to the point of almost banging the door.

"Both of you stay here," Jeno got up.

"Do you know who is it babe?" Jaemin looked at him, worried. Jeno shrugged.

"We'll need to find out,"

He looked at the keyhole. He widened his eyes.

"It's the police!" He whispered. I sighed, the day has come.

"We both could hide!" Jaemin suggested. I shook my head. It was time for me to face the music.

Jeno tentatively opened the door as Jaemin gripped my shoulder.

Jeno was face to face with a tall officer. The officer looked to the back to see me, and he sighed.

"Mr Lee Donghyuck?" The officer looked at me. I nodded at him.

"We'll be questioning you for the case of your parents deaths," he said. "Could you follow me down to the station,"

I looked at Jaemin who widened his eyes and squeezed my shoulder as a form of reassurance. I looked at the policeman.

"Yes,"

"Donghyuck you don't have to do this!" Jeno exclaimed. "Officer he's innocent!"

"I'm not going to arrest him, he just needs to answer some questions," I nodded my head as I followed the officer to the police car. I looked to see Jaemin's and Jeno's worried faces. I smiled at them, just to reassure all three of us. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Was it even my fault? The whole thing?

I imagined my previous self, the one that would run away at the sight of policemen yet here I am now, getting into a police car. I sighed and looked out of the window. If that was the last time I will meet Renjun, it was undeniably a sweet memory. A lot had changed this week, for the good and bad.

It was an expected silent ride as I pondered of what would happen after this. Would I be jailed? Would I be hanged? I shuddered at the thought, suddenly wishing my mother isn't an alcoholic. The old memories before she succumbed to the toxic drink started flooding back again and again I realized how much I missed her.

My dad was never there, always at work or doing his dirty trades. My family has been messed up in the beginning so I am glad I don't have a sibling to share all this with. It's best if I go through it alone.

I looked outside as the car stopped, seeing the tall station with multiple buildings. I got down and followed the tall officer. He led me to an isolated room with a table and a man in normal clothes which I presume was an inspector. He gestured for me to sit down and bid the tall officer away.

He looked at me with an incomprehensible smile, very close to mocking but also seemed genuine. I didn't know what to do so I just did what I do best, scowl.

"Mr Lee Donghyuck am I right?" I nodded.

"Allow me to introduce myself, I am Mr Lee Taeyong and I will need to ask you a few questions," I laid back and looked at him knowing fully well that there will be more than just 'a few questions'.

He ignored my gaze and continued speaking. "As you know full well that on the night of 29th September, which was two days ago, your parents were killed in their own home?"

"Yes," I croaked in a low voice. It was that weird feeling of talking after being quiet so long.

"And you also know that your mother killed your father before she was murdered herself?"

I looked at him confused. Not because my mom killed my dad but the fact this inspector knew that, and he wasn't even there in the first place. "How do you...?"

"My question was, do you know-"

"Yes I do," I hastily said not wanting him to repeat everything again.

"We found the weapon used to stab your mother has your fingerprints on it. Would you care to explain what happened on the night of 29th September?"

I sighed and looked at him. He was paying close attention to my movements. I knew from the beginning the police would find out anyway, might as well come clean.

I began my story, not leaving out any details. There were moments where I had to hold back as my voice got caught up in my throat. Even so, I managed to tell him everything about last night. He nodded at me.

"So you have been an orphan ever since?"

I nodded again. He looked at his notepad.

"Thank you for testifying your involvement in this case, I shall get back to you on further notice," He got up. "In the meantime, we request you to stay at your uncle's house instead of your friend's for the time being, and to not leave this state,"

"Understood," I got up and walked out of the room, suddenly feeling even more light headed. My mind kept pondering on what will happen next.

I honestly didn't expect this story to get so dark quickly whoops

Anyways thank you guys so much for the support and votes on my book. I love you guys so much! <3 <3