Stepping Stone

He really out here looking this fine

I walked into his house. Again, I was surprised by the hyper Molly who sniffed at my toes, not jumping on me this time thankfully.

"Ah Jun ge you're back!" A young boy, probably still in elementary school ran to Renjun. He had similar eyes as Renjun but a more prominent dimple on his left cheek. He looked at me and furrowed his brows as I was a stranger to him. He looked up to his brother with a questioning look on his face. 

"Yu, this is my friend Donghyuck 'hyung'. Hyuck this is my brother Jianyu,"

"Hi Jianyu," I crouched down and smiled at him, only to be attacked by the ball of fluff sniffing my toes earlier. Seriously what is up with this dog.

"Molly likes you!" Jianyu laughed at Molly licking my nose.

"Agrgh," I spluttered as Renjun captured Molly from me, turning her direction elsewhere. "Ya think?"

"You're back early," an older boy, still younger than Renjun walked out of his room. I wiped my nose as I got up. Renjun handed Jianyu Molly and the younger boy ran to another room with her. He looked at me with an unfamiliar gaze. Is that a smirk?

"Renshu, this is Donghyuck, Hyuck, my other demon brother Renshu,"

"Hi," I said as I put a fist out. 

"Hey, Renjun's boyfriend-I mean friend," he grinned as he fist bumped me. It was definitely not an accident.

"Well, I've got to go and feed the kittens," Renshu sighed. "Speaking of which did you have to put the cat food on the uppermost cupboard ge?"

"Sorry shorty, you need my help?"

"Oh please you're gonna need my help when I grow taller than you,"

"That's what they all say~" Renjun sang. "Anyways Hyuck, the manuscript is in my bag, make yourself comfortable," he gestured to the couch. I smiled and thanked him. He walked to the kitchen with Renshu.

I've finished looking through the essay when Renjun came back with a glass of water. He place it in front of me and sat down.

We stayed quiet for a few seconds. I cursed myself for not saying anything. We both definitely look like fools. Well actually it's just me, Renjun's too pretty.

"H-how's the essay?" Renjun asked, breaking the unwanted tension.

"Ah it's good! I feel bad to be getting an A with you,"

"What makes you think it's not A+ worthy?!" I could tell he was joking

"Whoops my bad cutie," I laughed. "But maybe if I had your writing skills hmmm?"

"Ha, suree," he laughed. "Anyways you wanna see the kittens? Buster still hasn't really opened up though.."

"That's one stubborn cat,"

"No wonder it likes you," Renjun laughed. 

"Yah I'm not stubborn!" I said as I followed him up. 

"I can practically feel Jaemin and Jeno rolling their eyes right now,"

The three of them definitely looked a little bigger than last time. They look much more healthier too. I crouched down and put my finger in. As expected, Buster raveled his soft brown body around it. I laughed at Renjun.

"Are you sure you don't want to bring him home? He really likes you,"

"Ah, but he has his siblings,"

"Somehow he doesn't mix around with them that much either? It's a little weird," 

I picked up the little brown kitten who looked at me with it's hazel green eyes. It is so pretty to see it like that. I let it sit comfortably on my lap before smoothing it's fur gently.