Consent

WHAT HAPPENED WITH SHOWING YOUR ABS WHEN FORTY HUH?

My phone chimed as I was making dinner for my brothers again. I quickly laid the fried rice on two plates.

"Shu, Yu," I called. "Dinner's ready!"

"Yay!!" Jianyu, my youngest brother ran to the kitchen with a bright smile. At the age of 7, he was pretty excited over simple things and was a pretty sweet boy. Sometimes though, he can be as annoying as the middle brother, Renshu, who walked in slower with a smirk.

"About time you finished,"

"As if you could make this any faster brat," I said to the 13 year old as he took his plate. He laughed and poked his tongue at me. 

"You're right,"

I laughed at him and picked up my phone, hoping it was the tanned gorgeous male I had a crush on. My eyes brightened and my heart beat faster as I saw his name on the phone. Before I could click anything, I had an incoming call from him.

"Hello,"

"Hi cutie~" I rolled my eyes at the nickname. Why does he have to make my heart go like that?

"So..?"

"Ah, I have these friends of mine, I should mention they're a couple," I could practically feel Donghyuck eye roll over the line. It must be those two boys who stood behind him those times he extracted money from Chenle. "And well, they want to actually meet you,"

"Ah, so tomorrow?"

"Well, yeah, they wanted to meet in an ice cream shop down the road, so you'll be there?"

"Yeah sure, what time?" 

"At 11 in the morning if that's alright with you, you have a shift in the evening later right?"

"At six,"

"Okay that's cool, so we could ditch the couple after two hours and I can review the essay then," Donghyuck laughed. "If there is honestly any point, you write really well,"

"At least an outside opinion would be nice,"

"Hmm, if you say so cutie~" I blushed again. Renshu came to the kitchen with a raised eyebrow, before smirking like the devil he is. 

"It's you're boyfriend again ge!"

"For the last time Shu," I said in chinese. "He's not!"

"How is it like being Jun hyung's boyfriend?" Shu said loud enough in korean for Donghyuck to hear, which made me turn beetroot, again. 

"Go away Renshu! Sorry Hyuck, I really wish I could zip his mouth for a bit,"

I heard Donghyuck laugh. Renshu just poked his tongue at me before he left.

"I guess I have his consent," Donghyuck said mysteriously, making me raise an eyebrow.

"Consent for what?"

"Oh nothing, you should eat your dinner," Donghyuck said in his innocent tone. 

"Wait Hyuck what?!"

"I'll see you tomorrow at 11~"

"Don't change the subject!"

"Bye cutie~"

"Wait Hyuck-" I heard him hang up. What the actual fuck. I placed the phone with my mind racing with thoughts. Consent for what? For him to be my boyfriend? Why would he even say that?

"Renjun ge has a boyfriend~" Jianyu started singing as he came in with his clean plate. I looked to the dining table to see Renshu laughing at my annoyed face. 

"I give up!" I sighed as I took my plate of rice upstairs to my room, planning to watch the new detective series I got engrossed in recently, to distract myself from my thoughts.

Why isn't NCT Dream a fixed unit I'm not ready for the 00 liner to graduate next year T^T