Ice cream (p.1)

I would like to say I woke up with a bright smile, but unfortunately I woke up with a scowl. Why? My brain had the audacity to actually awaken me when I was in the middle of a sweet dream. Where Donghyuck confessed to me and I told him I liked him. He pulled me in for a kiss. Well, almost if I didn't wake up right before our lips touch.

Good morning reality and thank you for being a bitch.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, looking over at my alarm clock. It was only 9 in the morning. I groaned as I fell back in bed, trying to imagine how his lips would taste like. Is that so hard to ask for, reality?

As I laid in my comfy duvet, another interruption was ready to occur. Jianyu ran into my room, again, with his loud high pitched voice.

"Ge! Blue-eyed is missing again!"

In case you were wondering, Blue-eyed is the white kitten with blue eyes, that took a particular liking to me.

"She should be in the shoe cabinet again," I groaned as I sat up. 

"Shu ge said she wasn't!'

"How about the sofa?"

"Oh yeah! SHU GE~" Jianyu ran out. I plopped into bed again. Just as I closed my eyes, I felt a furry creature jump on my bed. I opened my eye to see Molly herself. I sighed as I looked up.

"I get it, you want me to wake up~" I looked the fluffy dog scrambling to my body. I sat up again and picked her up. She was acting pretty hyper now, which meant she hasn't eaten yet. 

"Sorry Molly," I said as I got out from bed, putting her down on the floor. "Jianyu is searching for your other furry friend," Usually Jianyu is in charge of Molly's breakfast.

I walked to the kitchen with Molly behind my feet, making sure she doesn't bite my toes. I filled her bowl with the dog food and she happily devoured her breakfast. This is how my Sunday mornings have become, and I honestly sometimes wish I could block out the world and get back to fantasizing about Donghyuck. I reassessed my thoughts. What have I become?

I walked out of my room an hour later with my bag containing my drafts and the original manuscript of our essay, smiling with the thought of meeting Donghyuck.

"Are you going on a date?" Renshu smirked from the sofa with the tortoiseshell kitten we decided to name Turtle on his lap. I scowled at him.

"What makes you think that,"

"Oh let's see, you're wearing your favorite white stripped shirt with skinny jeans I have never seen before. Also is that eyeliner?"

Now he was just being ridiculous. 

"I am not wearing eyeliner Shu! Also just because I'm wearing skinny jeans does not mean I have to be on a date,"

"But you are aren't you?"

"Oh shut it, I'll be back in the afternoon or later, definitely before 5," I said. "Take care of Jianyu, there is some spaghetti in the fridge,"

"Spaghetti?" Renshu's eyes brightened. My brother is such a dork. 

"That's your lunch, don't eat it now,"

"Okay,"

"Where's Yu?"

"In his room, finishing some work,"

I raised an eyebrow at Shu. What work could a seven year old possibly have. He just shrugged.

"Anyways take care,"

"Yeah yeah go enjoy yourself with your boyfriend, bye~"

I rolled my eyes as I walked out of the door. The bright warm sunshine hit my skin and I headed to the bus stop nearby.

As I got down from the bus, I looked at my watch. 10.40 a.m. I'll definitely make there in time. I passed by a mirror to check my hair. I sighed at how self conscious I felt. At least my hair was up again. I opened the door to the ice cream shop and the strong scent of vanilla hit me. It smelled so sweet that I felt living here would give me diabetes. 

I looked around the shop. There was an old woman in a table near the door with a younger girl. They looked pretty cute. I saw two handsome looking guys at a cushion not far off. The shorter black haired boy kissed the taller brunette and they both giggled. I can already guess these two were the couple Donghyuck mentioned. 

Speaking of Donghyuck, the boy was nowhere to be found.

"Ah Renjun?" the brunette boy called out to my direction. I looked at him as he smiled, motioning me to come over. I awkwardly sat opposite them, keeping a cringy smile. I might like talking but I'm pretty shy.

"Hi Renjun, I'm Donghyuck's friend, Jaemin!" Jaemin smiled as he extended his long fingers out. I shook it and smiled, again. 

"I'm Renjun, another friend of Donghyuck's?"

"You tell him that," the black haired boy laughed. He had a pretty eye smile. "I'm Jeno,"

"Hi Jeno,"

"I can't believe the idiot's late again," Jaemin sighed. "He's always like this," he said to Renjun.

"You'd think he'd be early since you're coming," Jeno sighed as he looked at me. Then he smirked. "So what do you think of Hyuck~"

"W-what?"

"Come on, isn't he good looking?"

I turned red. "W-well, I guess so?"

"Are you kidding? He has girls and guys falling for him," Jaemin laughed. "Well, who can blame them?"

"Yet he has fallen for you~" Jeno sang. I widened my eyes. 

"What?"

"Oh don't look so surprised cutie~" Jaemin laughed. I raised my eyebrow as I chuckled with him. "He's crazy over you,"

"Ah, no way"

"Well, you could ask him yourself-Hey Donghyuck!" Jaemin said as he waved to Donghyuck who had just walked in. His hazel brown hair was flattened and he was sporting a yellow T-shirt with blue ripped jeans. My heart was making flip flops as I saw him walk towards us. "You're early!"

"Ah sorry, I overslept,"

"Are you sure you weren't having a wardrobe crisis?" Jeno grinned at an exasperated Donghyuck. Jaemin laughed as he laid his chin on Jeno's shoulder. I looked at Donghyuck who already had his eyes on me. We just shrugged. 

"So cute~"

"What even-" Donghyuck got up. I'm going to order something, what do you guys want?

"Let's just go to the booth and choose," Jaemin suggested. We all got up and Jaemin pulled the embarassed Jeno to the counter. Donghyuck shook his head at them. 

"Sorry for them, they are always like this,"

"It's okay Hyuck, they seem pretty nice," I said as we walked to the counter. Donghyuck laughed. I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "What?"

"Call me Hyuck often, I like that,"

I turned red. "Yea, sure, I will,"

He just smiled at me as I looked down to the variety of ice cream but I could still feel his eyes on me. I didn't want to look up as I was scared to make eye contact with him again.

3K views and 226 votes omg this feels unreal. Thank you guys so much for supporting my book! I love you guys so much~