Settlement

This photo of Renjun is so soft anyone crying with me?

I looked to see my uncle himself, waiting for me. He was giving me an unamused look. His wife had a totally opposite face on as she saw me. She was the one related to my mother anyway. She knew what was going on before we lost contact. He ran towards me, embracing me in her arms. The familiar smell of her lavender perfume engulfing me just like it did 8 years ago, before my mom started to drink.

"Oh Donghyuck, it's been so long!" She pulled back. "How have you been?"

"Did you kill her?" My uncle looked furiously at me. My eyes widened. I kind of expected this as my uncle's a lawyer.

"Yes," I hung my head as the both gasped. "I didn't want to!" I looked back up at my aunt.

Before my uncle could say anything, his wife put a hand on his shoulder. "Let's not think about this now yeah?" he looked at both of us. We nodded at her, deciding to keep the peace for now. I seriously need to work on my anger issues. 

"Starting from today dear," My aunt patted my back as we walked to their Benz. Did I say they were rich? "You'll be under our custody okay?"

I widened my eyes. I would be living the rich life now. I looked at her with wide eyes. She nodded as though she read my mind. I nodded, accepting her offer. Where else am I supposed to go anyway.

"We took your things from your...house.." My uncle said. We all knew it wasn't a house.

"Why didn't you tell us about the sold house?" My aunt asked me worriedly. I furrowed my eyebrows. I thought they would know. 

I guess it would be pretty humiliating for my mom. Maybe that's why she went crazy.

My aunt saw my reaction and diverted her attention to my uncle instead. They were talking about some things I didn't pay attention to. I looked somewhere else, thinking about everything that's happened. I should call Jeno. They were probably worried about me.

I got in the backseat with no question. I didn't feel like talking at all. My uncle looked at me a little worriedly. I saw his genuine sympathy and softly sighed. My cheat felt painful and heavy. I looked outside. It was a quiet, long drive. We pulled up to a posh mansion in a well-kept neighbourhood.

As I got in, I felt someone suddenly hug me.

"I missed you!" I looked at him. It was my cousin, Xiaojun. Xiao De Jun to be exact. He was adopted after the doctor told my uncle they couldn't have anymore kids. He was a year older than me and we used to hang out a lot when we were kids. I can't imagine a time where I didn't know who Xiaojun was. That was how close we were. 

"I-I missed you too!" I hugged him back. It has been so long I've forgotten how much I missed him.

"The poor boy just arrived," My aunt said as I pulled back, ruffling my hair. They were all so nice to me. I missed this so much. I could feel my tears threatening to fall down. 

"C-can I be taken to my room first?" I said. My aunt nodded. 

"Taeil!" she called out. A young man with a butler suit walked in. He probably worked some time for the family after we lost contact. I have never saw him.

"Oh Hyuck!" Xiaojun said. "Do you remember our old cook?" I remembered the sweet old cook who gave us cookies when our mothers weren't looking. I chuckled a bit at the memory.

"Yeah!"

"This is her grandson, Taeil hyung!"

"You don't have to call me hyung, Master Xiaojun," Taeil said, shocked. Xiaojun crossed his arms.

"Remember what we talked about? I said I'll call you hyung!"

"But in front of Miss Jung?" Taeil looked to my aunt. My aunt just laughed. 

"Xiaojun can call you hyung if he wants to, you are older than him,"

"If you say so Miss Jung," he looked at me. "I shall take you to your room Master Lee,"

I thought the term 'master' was too much. Xiaojun looked at me. 

"I tried to tell him not to call me that but he wouldn't listen," Xiaojun shrugged. "Might as well go with it,"

I shrugged and followed him upstairs. Taeil showed me to a big blue coloured room. It was so much bigger than my small room in the trailer. Heck it was bigger than my trailer itself.

I widened my eyes in realization that I would be staying here for now. This beautiful place. I'm going to live in a rich house, with proper food and clothes and-

"Taeil hyung you may leave now," I managed to say with my back towards him. My tears were falling now and I didn't want him to see that part of me.

"As you wish Master Lee," he closed the door and left.

I collapsed on the bed and cried. It was because I was both sad cause of my mother but also touched at how I was not alone now, and how nice my relatives were in taking me in even though we lost contact for so long.

After a few minutes I heard the door open. "Hyuck it's time for-" I felt Xiaojun's eyes on me, noticing I was crying. "Hey, it's alright," he sat down next to me, patting my back. I didn't feel like a sissy, I felt safe and guarded. It's been so long since I had someone properly reach out to me.

It wasn't that Jeno and Jaemin were not kind to me at all. They were like friends, I didn't want to show my emotional sides in front of them.

Xiaojun has been with me for quite some time. At least until we lost contact. He was the one who comforted me when I cried as a kid. Here he is again, comforting me.

"T-thank you so much," I spluttered between my sobs. He let me cry in his shoulder.

"It's okay," he said. "Don't worry about that,"

"B-but don't be nice to me," I said. "I k-killed your aunt,"

"I know you didn't kill her on purpose Hyuck," he soothed. "I know you are far more better than that,"

I just continued to cry, letting all my emotions roll around. He knew that I needed a good cry and just kept me in a warm embrace, not saying anything.

When I was done, he looked at me and smiled.

"After everything is done with the police just think that it's a brand new chapter okay?" He said. I nodded. "You should go wash your face," I got up. "Do you want dinner?"

I shook my head. I just felt really sleepy. He nodded, understanding.

"My room is next door so if anything you can call me,"

I nodded and went to the bathroom. When I got out he was already gone. I got myself ready for bed and hit the bed, tired after this whole day. I smiled unconsciously thinking how lucky I was.

But of course I didn't forget about Renjun.

I know there was no Renhyuck moments in these two chapters but the moments will come soon...hehe

Also this book hit 1K reads omg I don't deserve this. Thank you guys so much❤❤