Change

I woke up at 8 in the morning the next day, contemplating life choices. The bed was so soft, is this what heaven feels like?

"Hyuckie!" I turned to see Xiaojun with his bright smile at the door. I sat up to look at him, confused

"You don't have class today?"

He shook his head as he sat next to me. "You alright?"

"Yeah, just felt lazy hehe," I grinned sheepishly. He sighed.

"Then if you're not doing anything, why don't you follow me to my work place today?"

"You work?"

"Part time at a bakery. It's pretty cool! Also I'll let you have anything you want~"

He chuckled as I broke in a grin. I had a secretive sweet tooth he only knew about. Well, apart from Jaemin.

Speaking of Jaemin.

"My friends were pretty worried about me last night. I should call them,"

"Okay, get ready by 10, my shift starts at 11,"

I hummed in response as he walked out, closing the door.

I pressed Jaemin's contact on my phone. He immediately picked it up.

"Omg Hyuck you alright? What happened!?" I pulled the phone away. Jaemin's voice was too loud.

"I'm okay for now, I'm staying with my aunt. She has legal custody of me now,"

"The rich and nice one?"

"Yeah," I grinned. "So thanks for letting me be with you guys that day,"

There was a pause before Jaemin responded. "You've changed a little, for the better,"

"Just because I say a couple of thank yous?"

"No, I meant your tone," he said. "You don't scoff and all anymore,"

I laughed. "I'm lazy to be mean anymore,"

"Keep being lazy," he laughed. "You little pudu,"

"Oi!" I exclaimed. He laughed at my reaction.

"So when are you coming back to school?"

"I'll be there tomorrow,"

"You better," he said. "That Renjun boy seemed like he missed you,"

"Oh shut up," I said blushing a bit.

"You wanna talk to Jeno?"

"Nah, is he busy?"

"Well," there was a pause. "Oh god he's being weird,"

"Huh?"

"Um, we'll call you later yeah-Jeno stop!"

"Fine by me," I said quickly hanging up. I'm going to pray for their neighbours again.

I decided to take a shower. I had two hours before we leave. I sighed as the cold, fresh water hit my skin. I looked through my closet. Everything I owned was there, even my dirty laundry was washed. I widened my eyes. Was this how it felt to be rich?

I settled on a short black button shirt with blue ripped jeans. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. The eye bags were gone now. I flattened my messy brown hair and looked at my watch. It was only 9 a.m.

Time flew and Xiaojun burst into my room. "You done?" He looked at me. "You sure you don't have a boyfriend yet?"

"Yah," I said. "Of course I don't,"

"You grown pretty handsome over the years, not going to lie,"

I looked at myself in the mirror and back at him. "You're weird,"

"Fine don't believe me," He laughed. "Let's grab breakfast,"

I nodded following him out of the room. I wasn't the only one that changed here. Xiaojun has aged really well too. Although I'm a little taller than him now, he definitely looks more mature than me, with his dyed blonde hair and interesting figure.

After breakfast we headed out, catching a train. We spent the whole train ride talking about life though I didn't tell him about my anger issues and my shady lifestyle. He didn't even ask about it himself.

We arrived at a familiar shop lot. I saw a familiar park bench. It was then I realized this was where I slept on that particular night I became an orphan.

And met Renjun again coincidentally.

Xiaojun noticed my different energy and looked at me. "You know this place,"

"Well, yeah." I said. He didn't persist. Instead he pointed to the bakery opposite the bench. I looked to see a pretty aesthetic looking bakery, with different types of cookies and delicacies. My eyes widened at how pretty it looked and also how I didn't notice it before.

Xiaojun smiled. "You look like a kid that just found a huge toy store,"

I scowled at him. He laughed. I wonder what it is with people I'm close to that aren't scared of my deathglares.

I followed Xiaojun into the bakery. Instantly the waft of cookies passed through me, some tingling my senses. It was a basic brown and beige bakery with pretty paintings on the walls. The furniture had different shades of chocolate brown and I instantly fell in love with this place.

A pretty looking blonde boy was at the counter, he instantly turned to look at our direction and smiled.

"Hey Xiaojun, you're in time today,"

"Yup mom," Xiaojun grinned. "Kun ge, this is my cousin Donghyuck. Donghyuck, this is our manager and mom, Kun ge,"

"Xiaojun I am not a mom!" Kun said as Xiaojun walked to the back of the counter giggling. He looked at me and smiled.

"Nice to meet you Donghyuck! Do you want anything?"

I smiled back at him. "Maybe later, we just ate," I said. "Thanks!"

"The others will arrive in a mo," Xiaojun said as he tied his apron. "Most of us work part time accept Kun  ge who is our manager and Ten hyung the head baker,"

"Ooh," I said interested. I looked to the back which I assumed was the pantry. "He's there is it?" I asked noticing the light on.

"Oh no," Kun said. "That's Hendery in there, the assistant head baker. He may seem nice at first but he's as insane as Xiaojun here," Kun sighed. "Must be something about 99 liners,"

"Did I hear 99 liners?" I turned to see a really talk dude with a goofy smile. Kun facepalmed.

"Here's another,"

"Hey man!" He looked at me, and looked at Kun in confusion.

"He's my cousin Donghyuck," Xiaojun said. "Donghyuck, this is another part timer, Yukhei,"

He smiled at me and held out his hand. "Nice to meet ya!"

I hi-fived his hand, noticing how big it was.

"Yo,"

He grinned and looked at Kun. "Hey mom!"

"I told you I'm not a mom!"

I studied the slightly taller figure. He did give of a mother aura. I didn't think much and sat down on one of the comfy chairs, suddenly feeling famished.

"Yo Hyuck!" Xiaojun looked at me. "You could sleep if you want,"

I nodded and slept again. I didn't know what it was, I just felt tired again.

I woke up a few hours later to the sound of a crash. I looked to see a panicking Yukhei and a broken empty glass.

Kun looked at him with a so done glare. Kun started scolding the younger in Chinese. I heard the bell that was hanging on the door. I looked to see him. The one and only.

Renjun.

I honestly don't know what I'm doing with my story but I'm again sorry for no Renhyuck moments omg 😔😔