Chapter 36

Ashley pov

I woke up in the hospital. I tried to see around me and it hurt. "Woah dont move, you'll hurt yourself." I heard someone say. I looked over and i saw a smiling Ashton standing by me. He grabbed my hand and kissed the back of it. "How are you feeling babe?" He asked. "Uh i dont know. Pain. Anger. Drunk." I said, he chuckled. "Yah everyone is beating themselves up over this." He said and I sighed. "Your boyfriend is upset but isn't doing shit." He said. I sighed again, "yah well i want nothing to do with any of them." He looked at me shocked but understood. Soon the doctor came in, "hello Ashley, Im Dr. Berceli. Glad you're awake. You were in quite a pickle there huh?" He sorta chuckled. Ashton was about to say something when the dr cut him off, "so do you remember what happened?" He asked looking over my paperwork. "Uhm i remember my two best friends fighting over me, i got mad at them and left. It was raining and i drove out of town i think and i remember texting my brother and him and im here." I said. Ashton was still holding my hand. "Well you seem to remember well. So looks like we did x-rays and a scan while you were unconscious and surprisingly there wasn't a lot of damage or anything. You are actually fine. You did end up breaking your left leg and got a whiplash in your neck. Judging from what your car looked like, we thought there would be more damage to your body but your car took most of the damage." The doctor said. I was shocked at what he said. "So my car is totaled?" I asked. They both nodded their heads. Shit and that was limited edition. They saw the disappointment on my face. Ashton thanked him for me. Before he left he spoke up, "oh so im gonna keep you over night. We will move you to ICU and your family and friends can visit you. Try not to get to stressed out cuz that whiplash will cause really bad migraines. We will put a brace on your leg and give you a neck pillow in a bit. Any other questions?" We shook our heads. He left. Ashton spoke before i could get anything out. "We saw your car on the way here and we all thought it was worse than this. Everybody is upset but i think luke is the one that is taking this the worst. You can really tell how bad its hitting him. I know you don't want to see any of them but you have to see them eventually." He mentioned. I sighed but i knew i would regret what is about to come out of my mouth but at the same time, my heart wants this. "I want to see Luke first." He was shocked at first then nodded his head.

Soon a couple nurses came in to put a brace on me and move me upstairs. They handed Ashton a bag with all my belongings. We got to my room and they moved me to the other bed and got me all situated then left. Ashton went through my bag of stuff and pulled out my phone. The screen was cracked and i could barely make out what it says. "Dont worry ill get you another phone. Heres mine. Luckily your brother gave me his number. He wants to talk to you." I grabbed his phone after he dialed Taylor's number.
(T=Taylor, A=Ashley)
T- hello?
A- hey its Ashley. My phone is shattered so im using Ashton's phone.
T- i see. Whats going on sis? What was those texts about?
A- Taylor i wish you were here, theres so much shit going on i just-
T- ok sis breathe. Take a breathe and tell me whats going on?
A- im in the hospital
He was silent and it scared me.
A- Taylor? You there?
T- yah im here. What happened? Did those assholes hurt you again?
A- emotionally yes. I got in an accident. My car is totaled and im pissed. My leg is broken and i got a whiplash in my neck.
T- omg sis im so sorry. Wheres alex? Is she with you? Is she-
A- i dont care where shes at. Im pissed at her. I just dont want to see her or talk to her right now.
T- what did she do now?
A- im sorry to say this but you dont need her in your life. She kissed Luke and shes been hanging off Calum's arms all night.
T-WHAT?!
A- i told you once you leave it wasn't gonna last.
T- fuck. Now i have to actually call her. I was trying to avoid the drunk messages.
A- yah. Can we change the subject now?
T- yah sorry uhm so how did you wreck?
I explained everything to him and i could just hear the anger, his thoughts, everything. I asked him to leave the boys to me but he needed to take care of Alex. I agreed to my request. We soon hung up. I saw he had a new text from Luke. I opened it since he was in the restroom. What i read made me smile.

Soon Ashton came back and saw me smiling

Soon Ashton came back and saw me smiling. "Well looks like i got another text from Luke." He said giggling. I handed him his phone and he texted him back. "K i told him what room you're in and that only one person can see you at a time." He smirked. I shook my head smiling, "you little.... Goober." We laughed. A few minutes later there was a knock on the door and the door opened. I looked over and saw the familiar head of dirty blonde curls. He came over and we hugged for the longest time. He pulled away and pecked my lips. His eyes were bloodshot and he was a little pale. He sat down on the bed and held my hand. "Ash im so sorry this happened. I hate myself for even doing anything like this. I never meant to hurt in any way. Please forgive me. I will seriously make it up to you." I sighed playfully. I looked over at me. "Luke, i don't care how bad you hurt me, i still love you." His face lit up when i said that. He smiled and leaned in and kissed me softly. He pulled away smiling. "So does this mean you two are a couple again?" Ashton asked startling Luke. "Shit didn't realize you were behind me!" We laughed. Once we calmed down, Ashton asked again then asked if i was still going to forgive Dylan. "Here's the thing, im not getting back with him cuz i didn't feel safe nor as happy as i thought i was gonna be. I think it'd be better if we just stayed as friends. Besides, i don't think it was going to work with him cuz he leaves tomorrow to go back to L.A. and we were scared of being mobbed." They nodded their heads in agreement.

We talked some more then we figured out who was gonna stay and who was leaving. We decided on Ashton, who was more sober than anyone to drive everyone home and pack clothes for luke. So we said our goodbyes and Ashton left. As soon as luke closed the door, he skipped in with a huge smile on his face and sat down in the chair by me and scooted closer. I laughed at him and he joined in. "Why are you so excited?" I asked as he layed his head on the handle of the bed staring at me. "Im just happy that i have you back in my life. Life is boring without you." I smiled. He's so sweet. We talked until i fell asleep.