Chapter 38

Alex pov

Oh boy this is gonna be good. Life is fucking crazy. Ashley is now out of the hospital and recovering at home, with the help of Luke. I kinda took over work for her and been splitting my paycheck with her. I'm just so burnt out tho. I barely have time to hang out with friends anymore. I seriously need fight therapy or I'm gonna kill someone for real. Ashton quit and is now working at the bar the other boys are working at now. Calum is still hanging on. We've spent so much time together at work and a bit after work too that we built a great bond and sometimes i forget i even have a boyfriend.

So Ashley is now able to do things on her own without help or Luke hovering over her. Since her car is literally just a pile of scrap, i lent her my Porsche. It's the only car i don't drive and only let other people drive. Nobody is aloud to drive my Lamborghini but me. Anyway, Ashley has 2 weeks left before she can come back. Honestly, i think it'd be best if she didn't come back at all. I lied to the other employees about things she did. It all eventually came around to the actual store manager. I for some reason like watching people suffer. Yah you're thinking 'oh Alex you're a horrible friend!' Yah well, shit happens.

So now i finally have a few days off. One of the other employees took my shift. I gathered all my fighting gear and headed to the tunnel. Yay gonna make more moolah. Once i got there, i got to my dressing room and as soon as I put my bag down, my phone goes off. It's Taylor FaceTimeing me. I of course answered.
(A=Alex, T=Taylor)
A- hey Tay!
T- Hey Alex. Whatcha doing?
A- just got to the tunnels for my fight. I finally have a damn break.
T- jesus christ!
A- what?
T- im so sick and tired of you doing that shit!
A- Taylor, this is what i love. You know that.
T- yah i feel like you love fighting more than your own boyfriend.
He left me speechless. What the hell is he talking about?
A- Taylor, are you drunk?
T- really?
A- no I'm serious! You've never acted like this before.
T- how's my sister?
A- i don't know, she's better. Taylor why are you acting like this?
T- i don't think this distance thing is working.
A- Taylor what are you saying?
T- I'm saying I'm done. Done with this, us, you.
I felt myself start boiling and start tearing up.
A- Taylor i-
T- I'm done. I'm sorry.
A- k fine. It was great to experience this with you.
T- yah you too. I'll talk to you later. Good luck.
A- thanks.
And we both hung up. I sat at my vanity, tears gushing out. I texted Calum an angry emoji. I just turned my phone off completely and after i calmed down, i got changed.

I fought a new girl tonight and honestly she sucked ass. I won every round. She couldn't take it anymore so they replaced her with her partner who was a lot stronger and better than her. We were on the last round and i happened to look over in the audience and i saw Ashley and her slut boyfriend Luke. Anger went through my whole body and i bout killed this guy. Whoops. At least i won.

After the fight, i went back to my room. They brought me my bag of bets and winnings. $4,000, now that's what im talking about. I grabbed everything and walked out and saw them waiting at the entrance. Great. Ashley started calling out to me and i just ignored her walking to my car. I got so annoyed. I threw my stuff in the car and turned around and yelled at her. "What the fuck do you want?!" She stepped back a bit scared. "Alex, it's me Ashley. What's wrong?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. "Your dumbass brother happened." I spat out. "What happened? I thought you two were gonna get married." She said. I scoffed. "Yah no. I would never marry anyone in your damn family. Anyways is Calum home?" I asked Luke. He told me what i wanted to hear, jumped in the car and left.

I got to the frat house and let myself in. Some of the other guys were in the living room. "Where's Calum?" I asked. Michael walked in and saw me. "Woah. Uhm if you're here. For Calum, he's in the backyard playing his guitar." Mikey said. I thanked him and walked back there. I opened the door and walked out on the patio and Calum looked up. "Alex?" He said getting up. I watched him come over to me and i just broke down. He embraced me in a hug. He sat me down on the bench and let me rant to him. He felt bad and hugged me again. I felt good in his arms. I felt safe. We pulled away and i never thought I'd do this but i did. I kissed him. It was long and passionate. I was happy. We pulled away slowly and smiled at each other. "Sorry i treated you like shit all these years. I really do like you, a lot. I just didn't-" i said and he cut me off. "Its ok. I did the same to you for a bit until it doned on me that you were doing it for show. Honestly, show or not, it was hot." He said. I blushed looking down at my hands. We talked some more and eventually went up to his room. Use your imagination for what we did next.

Next time i got to work, Cal told me Ashley came in and was fired. Whoops. Soon i found out she is working at the bar as a waitress. Fuck.