Set in stone

"Jack!" You called weakly tears gathering in your eyes. You made to get up to follow him but the doctor stopped you "leave him".  He said it softly enough but something snapped inside you "OH shut up!" You said harshly jack was your twin and you wouldn't stand for anyone telling you how to treat him.

You paused with your hand on the doorknob waiting to hear the main tardis doors slam... but it didn't happen. "Doctor..." you half warn half question
"maybe he's just lurking in the control room" the Doctor suggested. You shook your head getting a familiar feeling of dread pooling in your stomach "somethings wrong"

You rush through the halls hoping not to find anything serious, maybe you'd find jack unconscious after clumsily running into a wall. However you knew it was an unlikely theory. You slowed to a halt seeing a line of seemingly immobile statues blocking the tardis entrance "DOCTOR" you called "I thought you said nothing could get in so who left these statues here"
The doctor stopped suddenly "those aren't statues" he paused for breath "don't blink y/n for gods sake whatever you do don't even blink they are fast faster than you could ever believe don't turn your back don't look away and don't blink" he gabbled in one breath. "But what are they" you questioned, not taking your eyes off the statues.
"Weeping angels." The doctor stated "of course they aren't actually weeping they cover their eyes to avoid looking at each other because, you see, they have the best defence mechanism. They're quantum locked, under the gaze of any living thing they literally turn to stone and you can't kill a stone, course a stone can't kill you either. Until you look away, until you blink and then oh yes it can"
You shivered slightly "how exactly do they kill then these things and why do they do it"
The doctor smiled and went on "they displace you in time. Only serial killers in the universe that kill you nicely. They displace you in the past and let you live to death, then they feed on the time energy created from however long you had on this earth."

"So that's what they did to jack ?" You took a step toward one and reached out smoothing a hand over it. "Y/N" the doctor warned. "It's ok" you say blinking one eye at a time "don't take your eyes off the other two". You think for a moment and an idea pops into your head granted it's risky but it's worth it. You move away and push the doctor with you. You reach into the pocket of your jacket where you keep a gun you know the doctor won't approve but you do it anyway at the same time you close your eyes and cover the doctors eyes "Y/N what  are you..." the doctor is cut off by you firing your gun rapidly. You open your eyes and uncover the doctors eyes to stare at the rubble in front of you. Soon you hear noises out side of the tardis no doubt more angels, you watch as the doctor begins to fly the tardis away as you make a mental note to find jack. However thats when you feel it a flash of pain through your head that burns like lightning as something flickers before your eyes.