Sudden flatline

Once Owen had pulled some strings, ianto was signing paperwork and was soon being bundled into the suv. "Once we're back I'll get the doctor to run a few scans in the tardis" you promise "they're quicker than the ones you have at the hub" you explain quickly as Owen opens his mouth to object that, actually, he wanted to examine ianto.

When finally the car pulled in at the hub, you ran ahead rushing through every door at lightning speed. "Doctor I need you to..." you cut off as you came to a stop where the tardis should have been "Doctor?" You say to no one in a small voice. Hearing someone behind you, you turn round. "Where's he gone" came gwens soft voice. You glance to where the tardis had once stood and suddenly your sadness turned to rage as you stalked over to a desk and threw everything off of it in one clear swipe "EVERY TIME!! EVERY TIME HE DOES THIS TO EVERYONE!! EVERY TIME JACK USED TO TALK ABOUT A FRIEND WHO KEPT ABANDONING HIM AND OTHERS" you scream "IT WAS THE DOCTOR WASN'T IT HE JUST LEAVED PEOPLE BEHIND WHEN IT SUITS HIM". The team looked at you in surprise as Owen muttered "the rage runs in the family" before turning his attention back to ianto. For the first time that night ianto started to speak some sense "it's the age" he said blankly to Owen from the wheel chair that he had been given by the hospital. You paced up and down "oh yeah thanks ianto I'm old now am I?" You ask exasperated. Ianto shook his head before turning back to the team "did any one of you ask how old he is ?" He asks as they all shook their heads guiltily. Ianto carries on, "well I did ..... 174 well he thinks. He says he's lost track of time and if they're twins then she's/he's/their the same age" he finishes with a nod in your direction. You did have quite the temper but, luckily for the torchwood hub, it simmered down quickly leaving you exhausted. "176...." you say quietly "we're 176".

The hub stayed silent, that was until the machines they had hooked ianto up with started beeping loudly and ianto groaned in pain. "Shit" Owen said loudly rushing to the former coffee boys side. "What?!" You say feeling a sudden protectiveness over ianto. "His heart... typical normal doctors they always miss something... he's got a blood rush to his heart and he...." Owen fell silent as the heart monitor flatlined. "Oh my god" came tosh's shocked voice as the room silenced.