Hospital hell

Ianto stayed stony faced as yourself and the team rush toward him. He frowns as he immediately recognises who's missing. Jack. Jack and his long military coat billowing behind him. Jack and his dashing smile in even the worst situations. Ianto felt his eyes welling up again but he refused to let the tears spill just yet. The voices around him were nothing but white noise.
"What do you think happened"
"Ianto are you ok"
"Maybe he's brain dead"
"OWEN thats horrible!!"
Ianto felt a warm hand covered his own as your soft voice cut through the noise "ianto. Are you ok?". Ianto was embarrassed that only a few kind words could cause his tears to finally fall. His face remained the same staring, unmoving as tears flowed freely down his cheeks streaked with blood from the cuts on his face. Half an hour passed and still ianto spoke no words. The doctor had stayed at the hub claiming work in the tardis needed doing so there was no input what so ever from the time lord. "I'm going to go and find someone see if they'll tell me what happened" Gwen finally said breaking the silence.

Gwen appeared again fifteen minutes later a shocked sort of look on her face "apparently he was seen leaving a club with a guy by some couple. Anyway after that they saw him stumble drunkenly almost as if he was trying to get away straight into the line of a Range Rover. The couple were the ones to call the ambulance". Tosh paused for a moment "gosh that's terrible you don't think ... you don't think he did it on purpose ... do you?"  She asked worry tinting her every word.
"You mean.. he wanted to-" Gwen started before she was interrupted.
"I am here you know" ianto stated blankly uttering his first words of the hour "and no I didn't dive in front of the car I forgot to look thats all" he babbled at top speed slightly losing his control and slurring his words die to the alcohol still in his system.

Ten minutes later a doctor arrived "well ianto" he said in a thick welsh accent "seems you got off lucky, a broken leg and a few broken ribs. You may suffer mild concussion but that won't be a problem if you have someone to go with and keep an eye on you, you could potentially leave first thing tomorrow morning". He looked towards ianto expectantly, when he got no answer he sighed "I'll  leave you to decide amongst you" he said as he walked off. Ianto lifted a hand to his face wiping a tear away, "I just want to go back now" he said in a small voice. Owens face softened he knew that look it was the look of someone who couldn't bear hospitals the look he had seen on his fiancés face just hours before her operation. Just hours before her death. "Ianto." He began as he shuffled through his id's a look of almost regret crossing his face, no doubt the consequences of all his past comments "I'm a Doctor, I can arrange that if you really want I'll stay at the hub and I'm sure y/n will too" he said casting a questioning look in your direction. You nod "course I will" you say softly giving iantos hand a small squeeze. "If that's what you want?" You half state half ask. Ianto gives a small sad nod. Owen replaces his soft expression with a harder one "right then doctor Owen to the rescue" he jokes in an attempt for a laugh, but ianto didn't even smile.