Timeless night (just pure angst and fluff)

That night you lay on your bed and cry. You cry for jack, you cry for breaking the doctors trust and you tell yourself that's all you're crying for. But really, you know deep down that you're also crying for the feelings you have towards the doctor that you know are not fully returned. The doctor had mentioned how it was safe to sleep in the time vortex but what he didn't understand was that the biggest danger to you was being left alone with your worries. "Doctor" you think you say under your breath but you surprise yourself as it comes out a loud choked sob. Soon enough the doctor bursts into the room. "Yep??" He starts upbeat before he sees you ".... oh um are you .... ok?" He asks stupidly as he shifts from one foot the the other. You nod unconvincingly and he makes his way towards the bed perching awkwardly on the edge. You feel his arm snake round you "do you want to talk??" He asks softly but stiffly. You shake your head leaning into his touch. You sit like that for what seems like it could be two minutes or a millennia but soon you feel yourself slipping into an uneasy sleep in the doctors arms.

////time skip to an hour later////

You shift awake slowly. You still feel the doctor against you but somehow you had both shifted to a much more comfortable position of laying on the top of the bed rather than perched on the edge. You turned to face the doctor and let out a soft quiet giggle as you watch the "oncoming storm" peacefully sleeping, his hand curled up by his mouth like a small child. His eyelashes ghosted the skin beneath his eyes and his hair fell loosely over his forehead. You lay him down further and turn away from him after all it wouldn't do for him to wake up you staring at him. You slowly start to drift into sleep again thinking nothing of it as the doctor makes a rather odd noise in his sleep.

————————————————————————

Just a short one I'll leave you guessing what the last line was about. Until next time xx