Torchwood

"Time to face the music" the doctor nods to you  to follow him as he steps out into a semi circle of four people. "Who the hell are you and how did you get through our security?" A seemingly hot headed and clearly more emotionally fuelled woman pipes up. You watch as the doctor rolls his eyes "I'm the doctor and you are?" He asks in an almost bored tone of voice. The woman steps back looking slightly bewildered she obviously hasn't been expecting an easy answer "I- Gwen cooper." She points to the others in turn "and before you ask... this is Owen, tosh and ianto". You watch as the man in the white shirt (Owen) says in a loud voice "oh god is he that doctor jack was always on about", this earned him a sharp look from Gwen. The second woman (Tosh) steps forward "sorry what are you a doctor of exactly ?" She asks pointedly. You smirk and lean forward "I don't know either, I think he picked the title because it makes him sound important". The doctor looks at you pretending to be outraged "y/n Harkness I have no idea what you're on about". The man in the red shirt (ianto) raised his head "harkness??" He asked in a sharp tone. You sigh "oh do I have to explain myself to everyone. I'm jacks twin ok ??" You notice tosh open her mouth to retaliate "yes tosh I know he stole that name from a war hero or whatever but I have to keep up appearances don't I. he always sent me whatever names he had. I changed mine accordingly to his name but then he stopped sending me names thats when I thought he you know didn't make it. But my old name was too futuristic for this time period anyway" you suddenly burst out exasperatedly your voice trailing off toward the end. You feel the doctors arm around you "you weren't a time agent ? How did you fall out of your time?" You hear him ask in a soft voice "I stole some of their technology and I tried to follow jack. I stole it from a repair shop though so I got stuck" you explain in a small voice. You hear another voice behind you. Male, Welsh and what you now recognise as ianto's voice now less sharp and more concerned "is jack ok ?". You look up into his eyes and see something in his eyes you don't think anyone had properly felt for jack in years. Love. Love at the smallest mention of his name. Of course people had felt lust for jack possibly even mistaken it for love, but you doubted many had properly loved him. "I don't know" you shake your head unhelpfully. Iantos face crumples slightly. "Doctor can we tell ianto first in private?" You ask knowing it would help the young man considerably to know before the others. The doctor nods.

When you, Ianto and the doctor were finally alone the doctor began to explain. "Jack was sent back in time by the weeping angels. They're serial killers basically that send you back in time and let you live to death they then feed off the time energy you would have lived in the future. However they send you back the amount of  time you had to live in the future so that you die the day you were sent back but of course jack is immortal so he really could be any where". You watch as iantos face crumbles further and his eyes fill with tears. The doctor puts his arm round ianto and doesn't notice straight away when you double over as white hot pain seared through you're head and something flashes in front of your eyes just like it did on the tardis.