In the cells

Once ianto left you had time to think. You had told ianto that you'd find jack but really you weren't so sure anymore. You creep down to the cells and sit outside of an alien who's cage was marked as a weevil. You smile as you notice jacks handwriting scrawled next to the species name "aka Janet". You stand in front of the weevils cage. "Hi there Janet" you say softly. You had heard how the weevils could be viscous in one of jacks letters so you were careful to not put your fingers anywhere near the air holes she had. You pressed your hand against the glass and to your surprise the weevil copied you seemingly picking up on your scent "missing jack?" You ask her and she seems to respond to his name "yeah me too" you say as you slide down the glass on the out side of the cage. Hearing the weevil begin to cry (or rather it's version of crying) slightly, you had a sudden idea perhaps it was you being reckless or just plain stupid but either way you wanted to take the risk you hated seeing creatures in distress and this weevil was clearly in some state of distress. You slip a hand into your pocket and produce a skeleton key you slowly unlock the door of the weevils cell careful not to frighten her. She looks up at you "hey hey just me" you say softly "no one else just me" the weevil makes it's way toward you as you close and slide a temporary lock across the door. You stand dead still as the weevil sniffs you out slowly deciding that you're not a threat and settling down. You sit beside her realising that these creatures may not be as vicious and blood thirsty as the first seem. "You like jack then huh? He looks after you?" You ask the weevil. She makes a sort of noise of confirmation so you carry on "I'll let you in on a secret ... jack can't die ..... That's right he'll look after you for ever and ever I'll make sure of that" you say softly smiling as she settles down her eyes closing you shake your head as you realise that torchwood may think that weevils don't need a lot of sleep when in fact they're probably too agitated to sleep half the time.

————————— in the hub ————————

Owen leaned in closer to the computer. The security footage of the cells catching his eyes for some reason "no no no no!" He mutters "what is he/she/are they doing" he watches as you open the cell door to the weevils cage "uh guys!! Y/N might be in danger". The doctor was the first one to the computer "WHAT!" He blushed slightly clearing the embarrassment of his hasty reaction from his throat. "We've got to get her/him/them out of there" Gwen said as all four of them start running towards the cells leaving ianto at the computer. "Uh guys?" He starts "I don't think he/she/they are/is in any danger". Owen rushes back to the computer "what do you mean of course- what the hell how is how what?". Ianto looked at Owen seriously "I think you'll find that's not a proper sentence" he says with a hint of a smirk, only the doctor noticed how his voice quivered just slightly as he blinked furiously.

————————————————————————

Iantos back to his old self or is he ? The plot thickens for the sake of this chapter ima set this story oh idk. In season two but before Owen died because he's not king of the weevils here 😂.