Chapter 9: The Goal Of Revenge

Arc: The Return 

Thanks for the magical music "Orion's Return". 

Can you see it?....Can you feel it?,The heat inside me was unbearable , it was not just a heat , I think it was smoke too , what am I saying......

Christen is talking to herself:"It ain't me....it ain't me who leaves her family suffers like that .....I'll...I will kill them both here and now."

Laura was watching her sister on the verge of frenzy , staring with fearful eyes . Heat and smoke appeared from Christene's body. Her hair turns red , red as the flaming fire , her beautiful green eyes have become dark red as blood. Christene sets out into the intruders who were about to enter the portal. 

Christen as she stretches her arm ready to throw the knife :"DIE!"

She screams and the knife goes ahead to them like a shot of fire The knife  pierced the woman's shoulder, then she disappeared into the portal. Christene started shouting of severity of pain . Laura runs with a bucket of water , Christene  put her hands on it  while she's still screaming . The color of her hair seemed to regain its original brown color, her green eyes return shiny as ever and the flames were gone. 

It was a scary and a lost night for both Christene and Jason . Jason lost his family , Christene met weird strangers . The ambulance arrived to both houses, taking them to the hospital . 

******************************** 

The next day , people gathered for the funeral of Jason's parents , all full with sadness  . Jason stood in front of his parents grave after everyone left . 

Jason sadly:"Sorry....I'm sorry , If I just reached earlier ,this wouldn't have happened... I consider you my one and only family."

Then he said firmly  while wiping his tears :"I'll not stand idle , I will avenge you and find the truth of this Dragon protector thing,  you just wait . "

Tom and Nichole:" And we are with you."

Jason:"No!"

Tom:"But"

Jason :"I said ,No, I..I won't lose you too."

Nichole, putting her hands on Tom's shoulder:"It isn't your decision alone, The promise we made together hasn't come to an end . Together whatever happens."

Jason:"You are not leaving your parents alone."

Nichole:"Ha!.. what about my four older brothers?"

Tom:"Yeah, what about them ."

Nichole stares at Tom with a smugly face :"Shut It ."

Jason looks at the sky smiling:"Tch...You fools."

**********************************

In the hospital , Christene kept talking with sign language when the doctors examined her then she went to her father's room who had spent the night there.

Laura asks curiously:"Aren't you going to tell me how did you get your voice back?"

Christene remains silent with that atmosphere which came out the window . The curtains flew with the sweet breeze ,The sky was orange since the sun was about to fall. 

Christene's father , lying on the bed:"You've grown up , your mother will be proud of both of you ."

Christene looks at the window:"What does this mean?....I grew up because I discovered such thing, I have a curse , I am a magic user and I can talk...when did you want to tell me?"

Christene's father:"Will you take your mother's path, or take her re......"

Christene:"Ha?!...." 

There was a long silence moment wehre I could only listen to the breeze. 

Christene:"There you go again, whenever I open this subject you never answer me ."

Christene's father:" And I won't ,you've decided to go and there you will find answers for all your questions "

Christene angerily, leaving the room:"Fine....I will leave as soon as I can."

Laura :"Christene at least tell me what are you talking about."

Christene:"Let dad tell you."

At that moment I felt different , I was in a volcano that wanted to excite , I felt that I could do anything to stay alive and save my family. 

***********************************

Two days later, Jason enters the class while his classmates were whispering about his parents' death . As he sets on his chair , Christene threw a paper to him , he turns to her opening the paper ."We need to talk."

After school in the corridor, she was waiting for Jason 

Jason with sign language:"I thought you prevent us from talking to you , what is it?"

Christene uses sign language:"I'm sorry for your lose."

Jason:"It was a surprise for me as well."

Christene :"They were killed weren't they?"

Jason:"Yeah, unfortunately."

Christene:"If I knew who did it. what will you do?"

Jason:"Don't tell me."

Christene:"They were two and they were magic users , they are looking for a book. so what will you do?"

Jason, trying to end the conversation:"Where you want to reach ?"

Christene:"You cannot hide it , your eyes are full of anger , you want to take revenge."

Jason:"That's for now."

Christene:"I'm not asking you to change it, but, at the end of this path,  you will be the only one who will be left alone...well, it is your choice to follow it or not."

Jason:"You're going too ?!"

Christene:"Of course."

Jason :"Oh, God."

Christene:"What is so funny?"

Jason makes fun of her:"You do act diifrent when you care about someone,whoa...that hurts."

Christen stepped on his feet and leaves. 

To Be Continued.....