Chapter 26:Childhood

Arc: The Tragedy

  Thanks for this lovely music . Memories Lost 

April 21

Tom, following Jason :"Gosh, you always force me to follow you , I'm fed up with this ."

Jason wasn't listing to me , he kept staring at his parents grave in silence . I think that he didn't realize that I was behind him . Have we already have passed 10 years since I met him . We were 8 years old then . You're still determined , dreamy and spacing out with your own thoughts which you never share them with others. Even though , I can read those thoughts clearly on your face .

Before 11 years in primary school at the beginning of the study year 2009 .

Teacher :"Come on everyone, take your seats , we have a new special guest today , this is Christina Williams , say hello to your friends Christine."

Luther , who was setting in front of Jason , as he leans back to talk to him:"Hi Jaso."

Jason bored:"What is it , don't you see I'm busy ."

Luther:"It's a new eccentric girl ."

Jason:"So what ."

Luther:"It means no more waiting lines at the cafeteria  ."

They looked at each other with a creepy face , I knew that they were thinking of doing something horrible to that poor girl .

Teacher:"You can set here Christine ."

Luther:"Ms, can I switch seats with here ."

Teacher:"Alright ,if that's what you both want ."

As a matter of fact , I used to track Jason , but he never notices me or rather  talked to me . I wanted to be his friend . I asked him once, but he refused .

Jason:"You as a friend , I don't want to talk with such a weirdo as you are ."

That's what he said , so I stayed away from him and got a new friend. Jason and Luther started harassing Christine for a long time , They used to pull her hair , steal her food , draw on her table and take here earplugs .Christine did not want to drag her father and sister into tribbles so she just kept silence. No one was able to stop them and who tries that , gets beat as well.

They continued bullying her until the day where they get what they deserved. One day Luther was dismissed from school for 3 days and in the fourth day he came and his forehead and cheek was wounded, putting a plaster to hold the wounds.

Luther screams angrily :"JASON!....WHERE ARE YOU ?"

Jason in his set :"What's wrong with you screaming like that ?"

Luther:"What's wrong...I'll tell you what's wrong, because of you phony I had to go through all this alone."

Jason as he walks towards him:"HEY!...don't blame others because of something you did stopped."

Luther:"Didn't you ask yourself , why didn't I come to school yesterday and why that girl didn't show up yet, she moved to another school and one from our class have slandered on us ."

Jason :"And that's what bothers you now?"

Luther:"Don't act like that , I was dismissed from school and my father beat me in the face , I tried to stop you before , but you never listen, you the one should be beaten not me , it's your fault."

Jason , pointing at Luther:"Oy!...Didn't I tell you to not blame me on this , you the one who didn't want to waste his time and wait for food , now get off my face."

Luther grabs Jason and punches him:"I won't let you go like this ."

Jason stood up :"Okay, you want to know who betrayed us ,WHOES THAT COWARED WHO DID THIS GET OUT !"

Nichole as she appears between them :"No need to shout like that , It's me ."

It was Nichole , I was impressed of her bravery, boldness and her ability to solve things .  No wonder she was the one who free Christine and the other classmates from that nightmare everyday .The abusive graffiti on her table every morning, her resistance to their mockery at break time and her struggle against them in front of the classroom door after school , preventing her from returning home early was all over .

  Jason was expelled for three days when he fought with Luther again the next day and when he returned to school no one was by his side .

After 2 years, Jason became a different person, he becomes isolated from the world .Instead Luther gained new friends avoiding Jason as much as he can. Jason spends his time alone behind the school.

Tom, heading to Jason ,who was crying alone behind the school :"Yao!"

I didn't know the reason , why I was concerned about him, why was I even there  . Probably because I was in his state before when he refused me.

Tom:"Are you that regretful about what you did , you know crying will do nothing ."

Jason regrets :"What I did was unforgivable , I can't just forget it ....what I did to her and Luther ...what I did to everyone was not easy , I just wish if I could di..."

I stopped him by putting my sandwich in his mouth and I said:"You don't have to forget it, nor run from it , you need to learn from it , besides if you die now you won't be able to apologies right?....You can start apologizing to me by being my friend ."

********************

He didn't stop crying, he apologizes to me everyday and since then we become best friends. He tried to apologize to Luther, but he didn't accept him, after all Luther lost his parents trust.

He indicates that he doesn't care anymore, however, he is afraid that someday he will be left alone again. He likes me being on his side that's why he didn't refuse me or Nichole for going with him. I remember that day, it was like this. The same sky and the familiar weather. You're a warm hearted person Jason, but you don't show that.

Jason after he saw Tom behind him:"Tom!.....I didn't know you were here."

Tom:"Oh, don't worry about it , I'm used to it ...so while I'm here you must invite me for Ramen ."

Jason:"Invite you?!..It is not your birthday or something."

Tom:"That's mean ."

Jason runs:"Who arrives last will, pay the bill."

Tom runs after him:"Hey!...I'm the one who suggested that."

Jason:"What ever."

Tom :"Jason you traitor."

To Be Continued.....