???-Trapdoor Spider

Third person

Spider nervously flipped his wooden-handled butterfly knife (Look it up.) in his hand.

Open. Closed. Open. Closed.

A handle creaked and his eyes flicked to the door, seconds before it opened. In this time, he could have gotten ready to throw the knife to kill the person who came through.

Yet he didn't. He wanted to, his instincts told him to, his experience told him to, but this was his only chance.

To get enough people to defeat the demons, the Watchers.

Oh, his past. A world of hell since age 12, being brainwashed by the Watchers to be an assassin. Then his morals came back. In a wave of confusion and pain, they had come back.

Leaving him traumatized and mortified by his actions, his 18-year-old self fled to find a way to free himself from his past.

Never worked. So here he sat, looking at the man in front of him, at 21 years old, not having killed since Taurtis died.

And yet the instincts of a killer still remained. The wormed their way into his mind, invading his thoughts and making him a danger to civilians.

Or that's what he was told. But then they gave him a chance, telling him that they could help his team. If he accepted it, of course.

But that doesn't mean they trusted him. At least they let him keep his knife.

A voice broke through his zone out "Er-Hello? Is something wrong?" His eyes flicked up and he shrugged.

The newcomer was now slightly unnerved at his apparent emotionlessness (Is that even a word?). Sensing this, Spider did not care.

If people were scared of him, he didn't care. He didn't need friends or love to survive anyways.

Or do you?

Spider bluntly ignored the inner voice as the person continued talking. "You're the agent from the underground? The Observers, I believe?"

The hooded assassin cocked his head and answered with his blank undertone that he used while on ally missions. This tone served useful when it came to this, because they heard no tone of nervousness or anything.

And it gained them more allies, so it was a win.

"Yes, that is correct."

The agent who had been sent in shuddered at the lack of emotions in his voice and asked hesitantly "Er... Are you like... A sociopath or something?"

Registering this person as a diagnosed idiot, he sighed still using the undertone "No."

Idiot nodded doubtfully and stated "Boss wants to see you Mr. Sociopath." Spider looked up and let his right purple eye glow under the hood. "Don't call me that."

Idiot fearfully replied "Yes sir Sociopath!" He sighed with exasperation and stated "Lead me to your boss."

He was led to a door, and let through. At a map table, a group of people argued about strike positions, and kept moving flags and mini statues around.

Spider stood there for two full minutes before one of them realized he was there.

"But if we go there, they will-Oh crud! How long have you been there?!" Spider cocked his head (He found it funny how it creeped people out.) at the baffled woman "Two minutes, 13 seconds, and counting." His statement was laced with sarcasm, but his voice only had a tiny bit of it.

There was a confused silence before one of the people-He had a mask fully covering his face, hiding either scars or helping him breath-Asked "Are you from the Observers?"

The former assassin began playing with his butterfly knife again. "Yes."

The group stared at him, intrigued by his odd behavior. He stood like a solider, responded like a solider, and yet showed sarcasm.

Who was this negotiator? He acted as if he was trained by people who didn't care about his humanity and broke free. Maybe that was the case, but they couldn't assume.

Abruptly, the negotiator stated. "You should get a new greeter." Xisuma was now interested and replied "Why exactly?"

Spider snorted under his breath.

"He's... how do I phrase this in a meeting worthy area... Lacking some brain cells in some vital areas, such as common logic. Like don't ask someone if they are a sociopath, then call them 'Mr. Sociopath' regardless that they responded they aren't, hold a knife and clearly want to kill you for your dullness."

Once again, the group was baffled in his behavior. One or two laughed at the explanation, and Xisuma responded "I'll be sure to get right to that."

They stood there in silence for a moment, and Spider made the first move. "You are against the Watchers, correct? And wish to make allies with the Observers?"

Xisuma, seeing he was ready for the meeting, stated. "Yes and yes. Are you approved to give out your name or a code name?"

Spider paused. "I am known as Trapdoor Spider, but I prefer Spider." Xisuma nodded "Alright then Spider. To the negotiations?"

And so, the greatest alliance of the war began.

---And I can already tell this is gonna be a longggg oneshot-Hold my schist for me while I write, will you?---

Spider hung casually from the roof. The war was finally over, and he was waiting.

To see the 'Hermits' again. He missed them, he had formed a friendship with the group, they saw through his mask and helped him show his true self.

He faked his death three months before the end of the war, because his old friend Taurtis turned out to be alive and he was the top on his kill list.

Here he sat, his legs looped around the pole, looking around attentively.

The door opened and a group walked into the dark bunker. He had left a note, giving them some coordinates, telling them they would understand when they got there and only to come after the war.

And here they were. A smiled graced his lips as he watched them look around, eventually, he let go with one hand and opened his butterfly knife in the loudest way possible, clearly saying 'Hey, look up here.'

Everyone look up at once and stared at him in shock. He released the bar and dropped to the ground, rolling to catch himself. "Hey guys."

He was tackled by Stress "Spider! We thought you were dead!" He smirked and rubbed her hair. Then she realized something and disconnected from her hug.

"Why did you let us think you were dead?! We were so worried! And just a note, leading to this underground bunker! You can be such a idiot sometimes!" she continued until Xisuma stopped her.

"I think he gets the point Stress."

It was a joyful reuniting.

That was shorter than I thought it would be. But I just wanted to get the idea out there, if you want to use the AU, go ahead.

But @ me, cause I want to see if this AU goes anywhere.

Also, I wish to thank everyone who reads this but doesn't vote or comment. Seeing those other views on my one-shots cheers me up.

And I also wish to thank everyone who does comment/vote, 'cause seeing those in my feed is my best part of my day. Literally. I love seeing the comments, they make me laugh more then often.

Bye costumers!

Word count 1151