angst-Stop caring about me so much.

In this world, there is a 30% chance that when you die, you will experience perma-death. X and Grian joined together and managed to make a mod that you can die once on each server without any worry.

What they didn't realize that it had a drawback. It turned the persons skin grey. And only in the next server, or when every player had turned grey, would they turn back to normal. The mod would not reset until they went to a new server.

The server made a game out of it.

Third Person

Scar repetitively threw his hat into the air. Up it went. Down it went. Up it went. Down it went.

To anyone else, everything would be fine. But for Scar, nothing was fine.

Nothing at all.

His grey skin was obvious, and his clothing was also a dark shade of grey.

It was depressing. The constant gloominess, and it didn't help with Scars already developed depression.

Joe had gotten Scar to take anti-depressant pills halfway into season four, when Joe realized that Scar was depressed.

It seemed as if he was cured, and halfway into season five, Joe took him off them.

Scar had learned amazing acting skills in that timespan, and now nobody can tell if he's feeling down.

Not good. And his therapy sessions with Joe had stopped a week or so before season six began.

Then he met Grian. The cheery, optimistic, I-started-a-cult, gremlin. And Scar fell for him. Hard. But Grian showed no signs of being drawn to Scar. They were rivals, anyways.

Or were they? A sigh left his lungs, and he pulled himself to his feet. He grabbed his earbuds, flipped through his music, before landing on a song he liked and started it.

Humming to the music, he set up his time-lapse camera and began working.

Seven hours later, a exhausted and sore Scar dragged himself back over to the camera to shut it off. The moment it was flicked off, Scar promptly collapsed on the spot, his head cracking against the ground and knocking him out.

His unconscious form lay there, easy pickings for any mobs that stumbled along.

In this case, a phantom drawn by his lack of sleep (No, being knocked out doesn't count as sleep.) It hit him, trying to snatch him up in its claws to lift him into the air and drop him from a high height.

Scar woke, and struggled against the phantom. His head dripped with deep red blood, it was the only thing that hadn't turned grey. His vision was blurring as he hit at the phantom, not registering that his sword was literally right next to him.

As the phantom tore into his skin, attempting to lift him up, a second form hit the phantom, knocking it to the ground.

Scar hit the ground, barely keeping conscious as he turned his head to watch the new form fight the phantom vigorously.

His head pounded, and the form killed the phantom. The form bolted up to him, and pulled him into their lap.

Colors? So its someone from the alive team?... A hand reviewed the wounds, apparently dubbing the head wound the most dangerous, as they began wrapping it.

A gibberish like mumble left his mouth, and his savior softly murmured some comforting words as they finished with his head and moved onto his shoulders.