au-Break out

First person

Experiments G-S, E-T and Z-C has breached testing cell W. Experiments G-T, E-T and Z-C has breached testing wing 7. Experiments A through Z are to be returned to their cells.

The screeching of the speakers echoed through the halls as I was dragged backwards towards my cell.

A bag was yanked over my head. It never made any sense, I always had a blindfold on anyways. I could hear the scientists panicking. To be honest, I'd actually be quite happy if I heard them getting torn to shreds.

Hah, that'd be funny. Their screams finally being there instead of experiments.

One of the most audible screams I could hear from day to day came from E-T. Hilarious name, I would have laughed the first time I heard it if I wasn't being drowned at the time.

My guard dropped me suddenly, letting my bound self fall to the ground. His footsteps left me behind. Squirming slightly, I shouted after him "Hey! Fucktard! Come back!"

Gunshots rang through the building, and a splitting scream followed.

"Actually, don't come back! Please die!"

I sat there, listening to people yell and shout for at least four or five minutes.

Then, complete silence. I cocked my head to the side slightly, trying to figure out why it wasn't loud anymore. And a roar proceeded to shake the earth, and my ears rang.

Curse you enhanced hearing.

"Find!"

Wha-

Something slammed into me, and I just lay there as it sniffed me. Its nose was wet.. A dog? But what was a dog doing in here?

"Retrieve!"

Wait.. what does that-"..Oh fu-"

The dog immediately grabbed me by my rather flimsy garb and began dragging me. I was flying across the ground, this thing must be massive.

It released me, and I went tumbling.

I hit the feet of someone with steel toed boots. A guard? Naw... Their boot were cheaper then this, I would know.

"I think this ones dead."

I was breathing. What the fudge man. "Uhhhhhhh-"

The bag was torn off. It didn't help. The blindfold was still there, but at least they could see my probably massive ears.

Fox ears, to be precise. And they were twitching non-stop, trying to make a map of the surrounding area.

It was silent, but a hand was waving infront of my eyes. I let out a half-hearted growl.

The hand was snatched back. Sure I had fangs, but the muzzle was still there. What a wimp. I grinned at them, showing them my teeth

They whacked me over the head. I immediately quailed slightly. Were they a guard? Or were they part of the Task Force? Was I going to die?

A second form yanked the blindfold off, and I made eyecontact with the person I had just growled at.

Okay, he was a wolf. He was a frickin wolf and I just growled at him. My nose was stuffed, okay?

He must have smelled that, oh, this fox is now terrified of me and tried to calm me down. "Hey, it's fine, you were scared."

Didn't help.

The muzzle dug into my skin as I glanced over at what had retrieved me. It was a massive wolf.

He managed to coax me to allow him to undo the binds, and he was reaching for his walkie-talkie when I booked it. I ran like there was no tomorrow, and I heard him yell at the wolf to 'Halt the fox.'

I ran faster, skidding around the corner and crashing through a observatory glass and right into D-Ms containment cell.

The mutated bear hybrid looked at me, a terrified fox hybrid, then up, at the wolf prowling the edge of the glass, and immediately stood over me, snarling at the wolf.

The scaring off was successful, and the wolf seemed to decide that I wasn't worth being killed for and backed off just as its handler ran up.

The handler judged the situation, and came to the same conclusion as his wolf. D-M was deadset on mothering me, and he wasn't getting between that.

D-M shifted from his bear form and immediately began checking me over. "You better not have gotten hurt. I'll kill E-T for arranging this breakout without telling me-"

I let him fuss over me without saying anything. I always brought out the motherbear in him. X-V always joking that it was because my small size, and I usually retorted by not saying anything, because my lungs aren't strong enough for him to hear me from so far away.

...Everyone else was so loud. I was probably the most soft spoken, and they made fun of me for it, but it also made them insanely overprotective. Or to other experiments, they couldn't do anything against the scientists.

It was annoying, but I loved it at the same time. See, I've never really been given affection before, so this lot was amazing.

D-M was finally satisfied that I wasn't hurt and insisted that I shift to a fox and let him carry me. Again, arguing was useless.

He was holding me in his arms when the door was blown to smithereens by a combination of G-S's magic and C-B's. They both had the same type of magic, interestingly enough.

"Nice timing! Come on, lets get out of here!"

I was hauled along as G-S perched on C-B's shoulder as a very pretty cat. At least I wasn't the only short one.

But I was being carried. Under a arm. He could actually move around.

...I know they are overprotective but I'm kinda done with this.

I mean, it's just humiliating. I was glaring daggers at D-M and nobody had noticed. Nipping at his arm, I got him to drop me. "G-X? What-"

Without missing a beat, I transformed and began fiddling with the muzzle while I explained that I didn't appreciate being carried right now.

G-S jumped down from C-B's shoulder and helped me get the muzzle off. "Yea, I get it G-X. Now, lets get out of here. I don't want to be caught."

I jogged at D-M's side as we fled the establishment. My feet pattered on the ground, nearly silent as we moved through the building.

Ah, the advantages to being a fox. My ears twitched, trying to locate a draft. C-B was actually the one to find a exit, finding a hidden wall panel that opened to a passage. Throughout the passage were scattered files, pictures, and shock collars.

When we hit the door, it swung open, and fresh air hit us for the first time in years.

Character index by mention:

[G-S] GTW Scar

[E-T] Etho

[Z-C] Zombie Cleo

[D-M] Docm

[G-X] Grian Xephor

[X-V] Xisumavoid

[C-B] Cub

:8

If you can't tell, I did intend for this to be a deadend oneshot. I didn't have much motivation for this one after about 30 mins, and I had a idea hit me. I'll be typing out the idea now, but I might not even post it.

1173=Oneshot