angst-Mumbo, you did a big oof.

Drawing above is not mine, I found it on Google, belongs to someone on Tumblr I believe. But it's so darn true.

Also! In this world there is no respawn. Death is perma, and only the best of the best make it to adulthood. The life expectancy is 9-13, but if you live longer, your more likely to survive.

Third Person

Grian was attempting to use Mumbo's creeper farm. He had gotten permission from the Redstoner, and stared at the button to turn it on for a solid thirty seconds.

Hopefully it wouldn't blow up. He pressed the button, and the clicking of the redstone echoed his ears before there was a loud explosion, and his hands flew to cover his ears.

He flew backwards, and lay there on the concrete while his eardrums adjusted before sitting up.

Grian groaned as his ears rang and he pulled himself to his feet, staring at the hole in the wall.

"Ah snacker-doodles." He limped over to the hole in the wall and glared at the ruined redstone. "Why do I break everything I touch?"

He began picking up redstone pieces with one hand while dialing Mumbo on his comm with the other.

'Hey Grian, what's up?'

Grian mentally winced at his upbeat tone, his eyes drifting to the water making it's way into the redstone, screwing it up more. "Er... I pushed the button for the creeper farm, right?"

'...What did you do this time?' Grian placed the redstone down and fidgeted with his sleeve, keeping it up as he dodged the water.

"Well, it kinda-er, it blew a hole in the wall. And-and-it's leaking water. I have no idea where from."

'Ugh, I knew I shouldn't have let you use the farm... I'll be right there.' Grian listened to the noise of the communicator hanging up and tucked it into his pocket, mentally scolding himself for breaking Mumbo's stuff.

He shouldn't be aloud to touch any redstone, he just breaks it. He began looking for the source of the water, cringing at the touch of the water against his wings.

They were now waterlogged. He hated the feeling, but he was the one that broke this redstone.

He should at least help fix it. It would be rude not to.

This train of thought ended up in him falling directly into part of the farm, a creeper almost instantly blowing up when he hit the ground next to it.

He screeched in surprised and attempted to fly upwards in panic. He managed to get five feet in the air before his wings dragged him back to the ground 'cause the water.

Again, he stood and his eyes flickered from side to side, ignoring the pain in his ribs and arm, seeing another creeper.

Drawing his sword, he managed to take it out before flapping his way out, taking more effort then normal. He hit the ground, collapsing and getting soaked by the water.

As he lay there comprehending life, he heard a firework. The exhausted hermit dragged himself to his feet. Mumbo landed nearby and glared at the redstone ruins in frustration. He spotted Grian and walked over. "How on earth did you manage this?"

The smaller hermit winced and stated quietly "I don't know." Mumbo sighed with exasperation and began looking for the water source.

Grian tentatively followed Mumbo as he looked for it, and eventually, Mumbo whipped around and snapped "Why are you following me?"

He flinched backwards, the spoon of a hermit before him not noticing. "I-I was wondering if I could help." Mumbo's eyes flashed and he nearly shouted "No! You've done enough! You'd just make it worse!"

Grian took a step back, and mumbled "Okay Mumbo... Whatever floats your boat..." Mumbo motioned for Grian to leave and turned back to fixing the redstone.

He spread his wings and flapped away, his wet clothing weighing him down slightly. He was trying to make it to his base, but he had somehow lost all sense of direction and ended up in the shopping district.

Instead of turning around, he landed and collapsed by the trading cart as pain in his arm and side kicked in and he groaned from it.

Grian grabbed the wheel of the cart and undid his chestplate, letting it fall to the ground heavily. His sweater was badly torn at his side, shrapnel's lodged in his flesh, blood soaking his side.

His panic grew, and he pulled up the sweater and placed a hand on the wound, blood swiftly making its way past his hand.

He pulled his communicator out with his blurry vision and hit a random contact, not knowing who he was calling.

'Uh, hello? Who's calling?'

He managed to put the phone on speaker, his ragged breathing probably hearable from the other side. But like he cared. "Who... I... Called?"

There was a faint scuffling 'Grian? You called me, Wels. What's going on?'

"Creeper... Shrapnel.. Blood.." The noise of Wels grabbing a med kit could be heard, and he asked 'Where are you?'

Grian took a desperate gasp for air as his vision dulled more, and fought for consciousness. "Cart."

'Alright Grian, I'm coming, just keeping talking with me, alright?' Grian managed to fumble out "Yessir..."

There was a silence that Grian didn't notice as he began to sag from his tense position as he lost feeling in some muscles 'How did you end up in this situation Grian?'

Grian was silent as he struggled to remember why, and said when he recalled why. "Mumbo... Farm.. blow hole... fallllcreeper, boom... hurt... notrealize... Mumbomad.. Tellleave..."

Wels was clearly a bit panicked. Grian was slurring pretty badly, but he managed to gather the gist of it.

He would have a 'talk' with Mumbo later. Rule number one in any situation is to check if someone was injured.

Mumbo had failed to follow protocol.

Grian's vision blurred more, losing all feeling in his legs, the sensation crawling up his body as he unsteadily slurred "Wels... I-Idunno ifI'm gonnamakeit.."

'Don't talk like that Grian! Just-just hang on for me! Please!'

Grian gasped for air as the sensation hit his chest, feeling the sudden loss of oxygen as his nerves went dead around his lungs.

He managed to stutter out "S-s-sorry Wels... I-I love ya..."

'Grian? Grian! Hang on! I'm here! Please!"

A hand rested under Grian's head and another felt for his faintly beating pulse.

Grian still felt a bit in his hands and reached up, resting a hand on Wels hand. The last thing he heard was Wels starting to sob.

This is what happens when I take a half week hiatus.

Pure chaos. Angst. Plenty of the stuff.

Well, I hope this exceeded exceptions!

Bye costumers! Thanks for readin!

Word count 1120