angst-Just another night.

The reason this is first person is because I'm trying a new style, and it works better for this oneshot.

Name guide:

Eran=EX

Xavier=Xisuma

Grim=Grimdog

NPG=NPC Grian

RG=Robot Grian

Also, I'm back! I missed you all.

First Person

Bzzzzt

Bzzzzt

Bzzzzt

My feet hit the ground as I lunged off the couch, the buzzing of a call startling me.

It was about 30 minutes to midnight, a movie playing as the snow fell heavily outside.

It's just another night.

The night before had been chaotic, and it was nice to spend this Saturday alone in the house in the silence.

I recovered, and responded to the call. It was Eran, but the loud music in the background made it hard to hear him.

"Hey, we're leaving the club now!"

He was yelling to make himself audible.

"The girls ditched us, and NPG wants to leave early so he can go to church with his family."

"Eh... sounds good."

A brief lapse as I thought, before adding.

"Did you bring enough cash to get a cab tonight?" Eran's stories of getting stuck downtown at night were legendary.

"Nah, Grim has a car and he's driving us home."

A frown made its way onto my face. "Has he been drinking?"

"Like... one or two beers, but he insists he's fine."

He says something to someone nearby, but I couldn't hear it.

"Hey, I'll be home soon. Don't worry about staying up for me."

A scoff left my lungs. "Thanks, but I'm not that tired. That and mom and dad told us to deadbolt the door. If I do that, you can't get in."

He laughs "Hey, I'm not spending another night sleeping in the front yard.. I'll be home soon."

Eran hung up with that, and I went back to my movie. Something about the mindless violence and explosions that just seemed, so relaxing.

Or maybe it's the fact that school is finally done for the winter holidays, and my parents had wisely decided to go on a cruise with their friends for a week before Christmas.

Eran and I have the house to ourselves. For him, it means no stern looks when he stumbles into the house reeking with alcohol, for me its no constant reminders to go looking for a job in time for graduation.

The movie goes to its fifteenth commercial, and I head to the kitchen for a snack.

As I throw a bunch of eggs, cheese, and veggies into a skillet, my ears catch a loud cracking noise from backyard.

I left the future omelet there, and go over to the window, pressing my face against the cold frosty glass.

Nothing. Just a few bare trees and freshly fallen snow. Probably a few animals.