concept-Falling and Landing

PLEASE READ: okay, so the world this is in has four important notes; the Listeners live in a world together as they learn Watcher magic, Watchers control the trainees world, and defeating the mutated and more intelligent Enderdragon with only one life is the last step to becoming a Watcher, as well as most Listeners don't know the true evil intent of the Watchers and are raised thinking they are some almighty angels or something.

Third Person

Blood ran down the side of his face as he gazed at the dying Enderdragon at his feet. Her intelligent eyes gazed at him with a somber acceptance.

He was told that Enderdragons were mindless beasts. But looking at this one...

Kneeling beside her head, he gently ran his hand along the scales. She softly purred, and looked over at the bedrock formation in the middle of the towers.

He looked at it right as she died. Right as the life flooded from her body, and as the egg of the dragon appeared along with the portal. Right as a enderman teleported right into his line of side.

A rage of fury came from the enderman, and the Listener scrambled to grab his sword, cursing his luck.

His reaction was to slow and the enderman hit him in full force, breaking some of the not broken ribs.

Rolling, the Listener stopped after he fell a two block drop. A groan left his lungs, and a bit of blood dribbled out of his mouth. He pathetically dragged himself to his feet and maneuvered around the drop, limping towards the portal.

The enderman continued its attacks, biting at his arm, shoving him, etc. It was a weak one, but by the time he was five blocks away from the portal he was dragging himself across the cold, hard endstone.

A trail of blood followed him as he reached for the portal edge. Blackness surged to the corners of his vision. Thoughts rushed through his mind. He couldn't die here. Not in the End. His soul would be stuck here, and possibly manifest as the next Enderdragon to be slaughtered by a Listener.

Hand clattering to the ground, he lay there as the numbness came close to finishing its quest. A surge of defiance raged through him and he grasped the edge again, and yanked himself over the edge and into the portal as the life left his lungs.

Falling. That's all he knew. He was falling. His hands were wrapped around a satchel with a rock in it as he slammed into the cold grass of the ground.

Grass? No, the Watcher fortress was made of diorite. What was happening?

His eyes flickered open and he moved his head, looking at the ocean nearby. A island.

A cough left his tired lungs and he rolled onto his stomach, only to begin retching his stomachs contents.

Blood mixed with the vomit as he unsteadily used a tree to stand, gazing at the surroundings. Suddenly, a thought hit him.

He didn't have his lower mask on. It was like the Watcher mask, but it only covered your mouth and nose. Reaching up, he felt for a Watcher mask.

Nothing. Was he... free?

No, it couldn't be. He had been a Listener since the day he was born. During the tragedy of highschool, during the after years.

A freed Watcher/Listener was not a thing. They only escaped and rebelled. They are known as Observers. But that means he was a Observer. What had his mentor told him about Observers?...

Well, beyond that they were violent and ruthless people (which he doubted), Mentor had told him that they always wore a pair of tinted goggles. And that they had gone completely silent, the Watchers had apparently wiped them all out.

Hand going through his hair, he found a pair resting on his forehead and he tore them off. They had a blue tint sharply contrasting the silver of the frames and the brown of the straps. (Aviator style goggles).

The former Listener studied them for a moment before strapping them onto his head, stretching his wings.

A strong wing rushed through his feathers, and the Aetherian blood coursing through his body fired up, begging for him to fly, to use the wings that he had been banned to use since the day the feathers showed themselves.

And he complied, launching into the air, letting the wing stream through his feathers as instinct took command and he barrel rolled, laughing happily.

Then he crashed headfirst into a tree and decided he would need some practice.

He recalled the stone and went to look at it.

Hands swiftly untying the knot that held the satchel closed, he pulled the Enderdragon egg out.

With a faint brush of amazement, he watched as the purple light pulsed slowly. It was alive, and the young aviator was pulled towards the soul that thrived in the shell.

He gently brushed his hand over the egg as he put it back in the satchel and looked around for some sheep.

One stood near the edge, and without a ounce of regret, the Observer slaughtered the sheep and packed the area around the egg with the wool.

He made a campfire, did some mining, and was sitting there, cradling the satchel when it happened.

A portal appeared, the bedrock skeleton signaling server hoppers. It lit up, shining its brilliant blue light upon the startled and dazed Observer.

And that is a wrap. Let me know if y'all want a part two with this vote here:

YES I WANT A PART TWOOO

no part twos suck and are a waste of my time

I know, zero in between. That's the point of the vote.

aNyWAyS, good night!

Thanks for reading, bye costumers!

word count 929