angst/crack-Bragging Rights

Third Person

Broken sobs rattled his lungs as he cradled the body of his best friend in his arms.

Gore splattered the ground around them, and his hoodie was soaked in blood. Off to the side, two men stood in horror at the scene infront of them.

Little did they know, they where watching the birth of the legendary to-be hero. Or a man driven mad by denial. In this world, the two seem to overlap more then preferred.

Blood dripped off the boys hands as he tried to revive his long-dead friend. One of the two men rushed forwards and pulled the boy backwards. He fought for a brief moment before crumbling into the mans hold, sobbing hysterically.

The second man moved forward, quickly overlooking the body. "..We should get the survivor to the portal Poet."

The first man-Poet?-picked up the crying boy and stated with a voice laced with distress "TFC... Shouldn't we at least bury the body?"

Standing, TFC kicked the body to the side. His battle worn eyes made eye contact with Poets. "No use. It'll still reanimate. Curse that Plague Doctor."

The young man didn't respond, horrified but intrigued by the show of strength held by the older hero.

Their attention was drawn away from the body by the sudden silence from the boy in Poets arms. He was limp in Poets arms. "Passed out then. Quick, we need to get him back."

Poet followed TFC out of the building and into the wrecked streets filled with the scent of death. They rushed their way to a portal sitting in the down hall, half covered by wreckage. They hopped in, not sending a second glance to the world behind them.

There, in the rubble, sat a little girl watching them go with horror. She tried to run after them, but just as she jumped through the portal, it closed.

The void. Emptiness.

Time was none existence. Never, and also now, everything was nowhere. And also everywhere. Makes sense, right? Like I said, nothing happened. Nothing was ever anywhere. That's why its been everywhere. Its been so everywhere you don't need a where! You don't even need a when. That's how every it gets.

But it continued like this. She found herself creating a world for herself, making a wonderland.

She happily grew. She grew into a zombie girl thanks to the void, flesh falling off her limbs.

Then, one day, she spawned. She spawned wearing a hood, hiding her face from the world. Her hands had gloves, she wore jeans and boots. Not one inch of skin was shown.

She was curious why, and she realized why very quickly.

Being undead was NOT normal. She knew this after her arm fell off and she made the excuse that she was part slime after someone freaked out before darting off.

And now she sat like a statue next to the fountain. A hero ran past and stopped, looking at her curiously. "Could have sworn there wasn't a statue there... Was there a statue there Cub?"

A distance voice from a comm set responded. "No... huh, that's strange. There's no heat signature either."

Moving, she moved as quickly as possible. One second she was entirely still, and the next she was booking it towards the fire escapes to get onto the roof.

"Whoa-Wait up! I'm not going to hurt you-"

Ignoring the mans pleads, she gingerly climbed her way up the fire escape and onto the roof. Beginning to run, she had to ignore him starting to race after her. "Leave me alone!"

'...Sounds like my throat was put into a blender then put back into my neck.'

"But-I can help! You clearly need some!" "No! Leave me-" her foot caught on the ledge of one roof and she took a tumble, falling three stories and crashing into the ground.

Groaning, she sat up slowly in the full dumpster she had landed in. Luckily, she hadn't seemed to break anything. Not like she would know unless it was a visible break.

Greenish blood dripped from her mouth steadily. She climbed out and jogged away as the hero landed next to the dumpster and tried to ask if she was alright.

"Please! Your leaving a trail of blood wherever you go, you're injured!" She glanced behind herself.

'Huh. Sir trenchcoat ain't lying about that. Doesn't matter, can't feel it anyways.'

There was a trail of blood behind her, and it appeared to be dripping from her leg. Running just a tad bit faster, zombie scaled over a bike rack (which sir trenchcoat promptly ran into-blind man, I swear-)

Then zombie crashed headfirst into a wall and she crumbled to the ground. She couldn't feel the pain, but she knew it was there. Her hood had fallen off, revealing zombie in her half rotting state to the night sky.

Body kicking in, the adrenaline faded and it started to knock her out. Sir trenchcoat looked down at her, a bit of surprise on his face, but he honestly seemed to just be concerned.

As zombie passed out, Sir trenchcoat (His codename is actually Dimension Hopper, or DH.) picked her up and headed towards the main base, chatting with Cub.

Cub was intrigued with the odd mutation of the girl. It made sense why she ran now. She had been afraid of judgement, or experimentation.

After scanning her void matter, it was found that the last time she had been in a server was nearly fifteen years ago, and she had been in the void for that time span.

The server she had been in was destroyed, along with its void signature. It was impossible to identify where she hailed from.

When DH arrived, Medic took the unconcious girl from his arms "I'll take her from here DH. You need to get back out onto the streets."

DH nodded and scampered off, leaving zombie in the careful hands of the Medic. Medic was obviously intrigued, but her only concern at the moment was the fact that the girl appeared to be bleeding from a dog bite wound in her normalish leg.

And the girl apparently never felt it. Never showed any sign of feeling it.

After wrapping it securely, Medic checked to see where the blood in her mouth was coming from. At some point, zombie had drawn blood from her cheek.

Voices echoed in the mostly quiet hallways as Riptide, Tempest, Redstoner, Watcher, and a couple others came back to the base. They were apparently talking about how they took out a gang of idiotic bank robbers.

"Guys! Your bank robber conquest has nothing on what DH found!"

I like to imagine the person who finds something interesting gets bragging rights until someone else finds something.

I had serious writers misery after my sister deleted 500 words of my work-on accident, but it was still a hard blow to my work load.

DH is Scar, if you didn't catch that.

Bye costumers!

word count 1140