10. The New Deal

𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙠𝙚𝙨 𝙪𝙥 𝙨𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙖 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘽𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙧𝙪𝙣 in checking in on her, she's drenched in sweat, and her hair is stuck to her face. She has scratches on her arms, that heal themselves.

"What's wrong." Bonnie asks.

"I die, I'm going to die." Scarlett says.

"What?" Elena asks, Scarlett goes into the bathroom, and gets in the shower. Elena follows her in. "Scarlett What's going on?" She asks.

"I need to head to campus, it's Wednesday I have class. Get out." Scarlett tells Elena. Elena leaves hesitantly.

"What's wrong?" Bonnie asks.

"She's just saying "I'm going to die" and what I think is a protection spell. She's terrified." Elena says worried about her sister.

𝘼𝙩 𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙩𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙜𝙚, 𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩 𝙞𝙨 𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙘𝙖𝙧 breathing trying to calm herself down. She lets her phone ring, it's Elena. She leaves a voicemail. Scarlett plays it. She's been sitting there for two hours,

"Hey it's me Elena, It's Jeremy he's copying things and turning them in. He got fired from the Grill, we need to talk to him. Uhm call me." The voicemail ends. Scarlett rests her head on the steering wheel trying to catch a break. She calls Elena, she's sent right to voicemail.

"Hey, I need to get some things from my dorm, and I'll be there." She says and hangs up, there's a knock on her window, she jumps and it's Alexzander. She lowers her window.

"What?" She snaps. "Sorry that was rude. What happened?" She asks.

"You're okay? You seem a second away from a mental breakdown." He says.

"Im fine, just family. I need to drive back, emergency." She says and her phone rings. This time she answers it.

"Hello?" She asks.

"Scarlett, we can't find Jeremy. We need you to get home. He listens to you." Elena says.

"I'm going." Scarlett says.

"Scarlett! He's having trouble, Bonnie just dumped him." She says.

"When I got dumped I didn't do that. He has no excuse." Scarlett says.

"You threw yourself into work-" before she can finish Scarlett ends the call.

"Brothers?" He asks.

"Something like that." Scarlett says.

"I have an older and younger one get one I understand." He says.

"Me too, and a younger sister." Scarlett says.

"Want me to drive you? You look like you're about to vomite." He says.

"Can you Please? I just need to get something from my dorm." She says. He nods giving her a small smile. They walk to her dorm, where Viola is surprised to see them together, she gives Alexzander thumbs up which he shakes off.

𝙊𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙈𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙮 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘼𝙡𝙚𝙭 𝙘𝙖𝙡𝙢𝙨 Scarlett down. Once they reach the Gilbert house, she runs in, Alexzander trailing behind her.