22. All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2

𝘼𝙩 𝘽𝙤𝙗𝙗𝙮'𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚, 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙩 𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 other in silence, they hear someone or something coming and they crawl to the side of a car, and grab the intruder. Once they have her by the shoulders, they recognize her as Ellen.

"Ellen?" Dean asks, Ellen nods, starting to cry. "Ellen. Oh, God." They embrace, they go inside, where they find Bobby, Ivory, Ric, Will and Elena.

𝙀𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘽𝙤𝙗𝙗𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙩𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙩𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚. 𝙃𝙚 𝙥𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙖 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙩 of liquid from a flask and pushes it towards her.

"Bobby, is this really necessary?" Ellen asks.

"Just a belt of Holy Water. Shouldn't hurt." Bobby says.

Ellen lifts the shot glass to her mouth and swallows the water. "Whiskey now, if you don't mind."

"Ellen, what happened? How'd you get out?" Dean asks.

"I wasn't supposed to. I was supposed to be in there with everybody else." Ellen scoffs. "But we ran out of pretzels, of all things. It was just dumb luck."  She drinks the whiskey Bobby poured for her and exhales sharply. "Anyway, that's when Ash called. Panic in his voice."
She sighs "He told me to look in the safe. Then the call cut out. By the time I got back, the flames were sky-high. And everybody was dead. I couldn't have been gone more than fifteen minutes."

"Sorry, Ellen." Sam says.

Ellen tears up. "A lot of good people died in there. And I got to live. Lucky me." She scoffs.

"Ellen, you mentioned a safe." Bobby says.

"A hidden safe we keep in the basement." Ellen says.

"Demons get what was in it?" Bobby asks.

"No" Ellen pulls out a map from her pocket, unfolding it and setting it down on the table. It has several black lines and X's on it.

"Wyoming. What does that mean?" Dean points to the lines.

Bobby is reading from a large book "I don't believe it." He sets the book on a table.

"What? You got something?" Sam asks.

"A lot more than that. Each of these X's" Bobby points to the marks on the map. "Is an abandoned frontier church— all mid-19th century. And all of them built by Samuel Colt."

"Samuel Colt— the demon-killing, gunmaking Samuel Colt?"dean asks.

"Yep. And there's more. He built private railway lines." Bobby points to the black lines on the map. "connecting church to church. It just happens to lay out like this." He connects the points on the map until the shape of a star is made.

"Tell me that's not what I think it is." Dean says.

"It's a Devil's Trap. A 100-square mile Devil's Trap." Sam says. Elena looks surprised and astonished by Sam.

"That's brilliant. Iron lines demons can't cross." Dean says, Scarlett and Ivory share a look.

"I've never heard of anything that massive." Ellen says.

"No one has." Bobby turns to look at Ivory and Scarlett. "Did you know?"

"No." Scarlett says.

"It was the witches who helped, vampires from the Original family was in on it, they hate demons." Ivory says.