14. Born under a bad sign part 2

𝘼 𝙟𝙪𝙠𝙚𝙗𝙤𝙭 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙨 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝘿𝙤𝙤𝙧𝙨' "𝘾𝙧𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙡 𝙎𝙝𝙞𝙥". Nearby, Sam is tying Jo in a sitting position to a wide wooden post. She slowly wakes up.

"What the hell is going on? What are you doing?" She asks.

"So what exactly did your mom tell you about how your dad died?" He asks.

"You're not Sam." She says.

"Don't be so sure about that. Answer the question." He says.

Jo says nothing; Sam sighs heavily and goes around to the other side; he sits in front of her, leaning in, his expression shifting to one of open concern. He pulls out a large knife and strokes her face with it.

"Come on. It's me. You can tell me anything, you know that. Answer. The question." Sam says.

"Fine." Jo says.

"Fine." He says.

"Our dads were in California: Devil's Gate Reservoir. They were setting a trap for some kind of hellspawn. John was hiding, waiting, and my dad was bait." She says.

Sam laughs. "That's just like John. Oh, I'll bet he dangled Bill like meat on a hook. Then what?"  He gets up and goes around to stand behind her.

"The thing showed up. John got too eager, jumped out too soon, got my dad exposed, out in the open. The thing turned around ... and killed him."

Sam leaning in from behind Jo. "Hmm. Not quite."

"What?" She asks.

"What? Oh. See, it hurt him. It didn't kill him. You really don't know the truth, do you? I bet your mom doesn't either." He sits facing her again, leans in close.

"Know what?" She asks.

"You see, Bill ... was all clawed up. Was holding his insides in his hands. He was gurgling and ... praying to see you and Ellen one more time. So my dad ... killed him. Put him out of his misery like a sick dog." He says.

Jo sobs. "You're lying."

"I'm not. It's true." Sam quietly singsong
"My daddy shot your daddy in the head . . ."

"How could you know that?" She asks.

Sam stands up. "I hear things." He stands and stabs the knife into the pillar, just above head level.

"Why are you doing this to me?" She asks.

"Like Daddy like daughter. You're bait. Open up." he shoves a knotted rag in her mouth and ties it around her neck. "That's a girl."

The door bursts open and Dena and Scarlett enter, gun, and arrow out.

The door bursts open and Dena and Scarlett  enter, gun, and arrow out

"Sam!" Dean says. Sam grabs the knife from the pillar, his calm expression shifting to one of desperate panic, and places the knife at Jo's throat.