No Exit

Scarlett's POV

       I ended up driving to Bobby's instead and drove with the boys. We arrive to Roadhouse and we enter cautiously. Ellen and Jo are shouting at each other

"Yeah, and getting yourself killed on some dusty back road, that's where you belong?!" Ellen she turns and sees the us "Guys, bad time."

"Yes, ma'am." Sam says, I nod my head.

"Yeah, we rarely drink before ten anyway." Dean says.

"Wait. I wanna know what they think about this." Jo says. A mom, a dad, and two kids under three, all wearing bright yellow t-shirts that read "Nebraska is for Lovers" enter.

"I don't care what they think!" Ellen says.

"Are you guys open?" Dad asks.

"No!" Jo says. "Yes!" Ellen says.

"We'll just... check out the Arby's down the road." Dad says.  They leave. The phone rings. Jo glares at it, then at Ellen, answer it. "Harvelle's. Yeah, Preacher."

"Three weeks ago a young girls disappears from a Philadelphia apartment." Jo shoves a file folder at Dean "Take it, it won't bite."

"No, but your mom might." Dean says.

She pinches her lips, still holding out the folder. He takes it reluctantly.

"And this girl wasn't the first. Over the past eighty years six women have vanished. All from the same building, all young blondes. Only happens every decade or two so cops never eyeball the pattern. So we're either dealing with one very old serial killer, or —" she says.

"Who put this together? Ash?" Dean asks.

"I did it myself." she says.

"Hmm." Dean's impressed. I can build a case too, I need to stop talking to myself. I grab a paper and write something sending it to William.

"I gotta admit. We hit the road for a lot less." Sam says.

"Good. You like the case so much, you take it." Ellen says.

"Mom!" Jo says.

"Joanna Beth, this family has lost enough. And I won't lose you too. I just won't." Ellen says.

||  APARTMENT BUILDING  ||

"I feel kind of bad, snaking Jo's case." Sam says.

"Yeah, maybe she put together a good file. But could you see her out here working one of these things? I don't think so." Dean says. Both pull out EMF readers. "You getting anything?"

"No, not yet." Sam says. As Sam runs his reader over the light switch, it purrs. He leans over.

"What's that?"  Dean asks.

"What?" I ask.

"Holy crap." Sam says, the boys touch the goo.

"That's ectoplasm. Well, Sam, I think I know what we're dealing with here. It's the Stay-Puff Marshmallow Man." Dean says.

"Dean, I've only seen this stuff, like, twice. I mean, to make this stuff you have to be one majorly pissed off spirit." Sam rolls his eyes.

"All right, let's find this badass before he snags any more girls." Dean says.

Tee exit the apartment and walk down the hallway, hearing voices, we hide around a corner.

"It's so convenient." Jo says.