21. Before Sunsets

𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩 𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙩𝙤 𝘼𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙘'𝙨 𝙘𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨 𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢 𝙖𝙩 𝙈𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 High School, she opens the door and Care screams for her to leave, she's injected with wolfsbane by Alaric making her fall into his arms.

Elena's cell phone rings. She picks it up and sees that the incoming call is from Alaric. She answers it. "Whoever this is, it's not funny."

"Well, who else would it be?" Ric asks.

"Ric?"

Caroline sits in one of the chairs in Alaric's classroom. She is gagged with a cloth that is soaked in vervain and her hands are staked to the desk by pencils. Alaric speaks to Elena on his cell phone. Scarlett is sitting in the same position as Care but with wolfsbane.

"Listen, closely. I'm at the school, I have Caroline and if you wanna keep her alive, I need you to get into your car and come down here right away. If you tell anyone where you're going, I will kill her. I also have Scarlett but you don't seem to care for her much."

Alaric sits at the desk in his classroom as hears Elena enter the school. "Right on time."

Elena walks through the school's hallway. She looks around nervously. She hears Caroline crying and runs towards Alaric's classroom.

"Caroline. Scarlett, Let them go, Alaric." She demanda.

"Free them yourself."

Elena and Alaric stare at each other for a moment. Then Elena hesitantly walks towards Caroline and gently pulls one of the pencils out of her hand. Alaric rushes over and slams the pencil back into her hand. Caroline screams.

"You said that you would let her go." She says.

"How many times do I have to tell you, Elena? Stop trusting vampires!" He says.

"Scarlett isn't a vampire!" Elena says.

"She's a Mikaelson! She's much worse!" Ric yells. Scarlett glares at him, she's has her hands tied with wolfsbane.

𝘼𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙘 𝙙𝙞𝙥𝙨 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙡𝙤𝙩𝙝 𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙜𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙨 𝙛𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙙 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙫𝙖𝙞𝙣.

"No. No more. Please, no more." Caroline begs.

Elena gets up from her chair. "Alaric, stop!"

Alaric pushes Elena back into her seat. "Sit down! This keeps the vervain in her system. It's like inhaling razor blades with every breath."  Alaric puts the cloth back into Caroline mouth. She screams in pain.

Scarlett glares at Ric.

"No screaming Scarlett?" Alaric's asks damping hers in wolfsbane.

"In the words of a wise man, BITE ME." Scarlett spits at his face, causing Ric to pick up her cloth as plant at her face, Scarlett cries in pain.

"Why are you doing this?" Elena asks.

"To make it easier on you when you put her out of her misery." Alaric picks up the white oak stake and walks towards Elena.

"What? No!"She exclaims.

"Isn't this what you wanted, Elena? For me to teach you how to kill a vampire? Well, here is a vampire, Elena. Kill her." Alaric holds the white oak stake right in front of Elena.

"This isn't what I want." She says.

"Of course it is. All those hours you spend training, getting stronger. You could be a hunter, Elena. But you've never actually staked a vampire through the heart." Alaric says. Elena keeps staring at the stake in front of her.