Crossroad Blues

Scarlett's POV

   Sam, Dean and I are sitting at a table at a diner, Sam with his laptop open.

"So much for our low profile. You've got a warrant in St. Louis, and now you're officially in the Fed's database." Sam says, shows us Dean's mugshot

"Dude, I'm like Dillinger or something."  Dean's grinning.

"But cuter!" I say.

"Dean, Scarlett it's not funny. Makes the job harder, we've gotta be more careful now." Sam says.

"Well, what do they got on you?" Dean says.

"I'm sure they just haven't posted it yet." Sam mutters.

"No accessory? Nothing?" Dean asks.

"Shut up." Sam says.

"You're jealous." Dean laughs, I take some of Dean's fries. He gives me a look and I wink at him.

"No, I'm not!" Sam says.

"Uh-huh. All right. What do you got on the case there, you innocent, harmless young man, you?" Dean asks. Sam shuts his computer, annoyed, and pulls out several pages of research.

"Stop you're going to get him angry, and he'll hug us." I tease, Dean laughs as Sam shoots me a look.

"Architect Sean Boyden plummeted to his death from the roof of his home, a condominium he designed." Sam says.

"Hmm. Build a high-rise and jump off the top of it. That's classy. When did he call animal control?" Dean asks.

"Two days earlier." Sam says.

"Did he actually say Black Dog?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. A vicious, wild, black dog. The authorities couldn't find it, no one else saw it, in fact, the authorities are a little confused as to how a wild dog could get past the doorman, take the elevator up and start roaming the halls of the cushiest joint in town. After that, no more calls, he doesn't show up for work, two days later he takes a swan dive." Sam says.

"Do you think we're dealing with an actual Black Dog?" Dean asks.

"Well, maybe." Sam says.

"What's the lore on it?" I ask.

Sam passing the pages "it's all pretty vague. I mean, there are spectral black dogs all over the world, but... some say they're animal spirits, others say death omens. But anyways, whatever they are, they're big, nasty."

"Yeah, I bet they could hump the crap outta your leg, look at that one, huh?" Dean holds up a picture and smirks, Sam glares, the smirk slips. "What? They could."

||  APARTMENT  ||

In a posh, well-lit room, We are wearing suits and interviewing a man. I have a skirt, my outfit is cute.