19. Heart of Darkness

𝘼𝙩 𝙒𝙝𝙞𝙩𝙢𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝘾𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙚𝙜𝙚 𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩 𝙨𝙖𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙜𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙨 𝙨𝙩𝙪𝙙𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜.

"Hey stranger." Alex greeted.

"Hey." Scarlett smiles looking up.

"What are you studying now?" He asks. She brings up the Chem textbook. "Practice testing."

"Tough." He says, she nods. "I looked into Dean's situation, I haven't been able to find any loopholes." He says. She nods knowing, there's a slim chance of anything changing.

"Thank you, you didn't have to." She says.

"You're my friend Scarlett." He says.

"About being friends, I should apologize for the other night. Using you, that was a total Katherine move, and I won't say I regret the night but it was wrong of me." She says.

"Miss Salvatore, you shouldn't. One of the best nights of me life." He says winking at her making her laugh. "We only live once, we have more enemies than the average human being, might as well enjoy our time on this earth." He says.

"You ever think of turning?" She asks curiously.

"No, I'm a wolf, and a witch. I plan to die as one." He says. "Do you plan on turning?" He asks.

"I don't know, no one has really asked me." She admits, he dramatically looks offended for her.

"You're telling me, that no on has ever asked the Scarlett Mikaelson-Salvatore about turning?" He asks dramatically making her laugh.

She shakes her head, "No, it never comes up. They are usually trying to kill me for being a Mikaelson, or a Salvatore or just being born." She laughs.

"Would you, turn?" He asks.

"I don't think so, I mean besides family nothing really ties me to this earth." She says.

"So you would turn for someone?" He asks.

"As much as vampirism is a part of my life, a part of me is. I would like to die a born witch, and werewolf. I can feel nature, the balance," She smiles at the end making him smile.

"And once you turn, you can't feel the nature." He says, she nods.

"Yeah, just changing into a wolf and running through the woods is so freeing and connecting to nature, doing a spell, is so..." She struggles trying to find the right words to describe the feelings, emotions. Alex smiles nodding, understanding.

"I know." He smiles. "It's been liberating, I've been turning since I was fifteen, and I'll never get over the feeling, well after the entire breaking each bone in your body." He says.

"I just don't even know, if I would keep my powers, I mean there's a reason I'm born, I can control certain elements that witches can't,   How would I react to actually turning to a vampire?" She questions.

"You question you being born like everyone else." He says, she nods slowly.

"Now more than ever, I mean my mom says she was in love, and Will and I were born because of love, but there must be another reason. Any witch or supernatural being tells me how strong I am, that I haven't even reached half of my potential." She says.

"I'm a Viduran-Raven, I come from one of the oldest pack, and remain my last name from one the original witch sisters. I question it a lot, why I was born." He says.

"Your birthmark." She says, "it's unique, nothing I've seen before, well I haven't seen much of the wolf side." She says explaining herself even more.