12. The Ties That Bind

𝘼𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙞𝙡𝙗𝙚𝙧𝙩 𝙍𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚𝙣𝙘𝙚, 𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙣𝙖 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙨 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩𝙨'𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙙𝙧𝙤𝙤𝙢.

"Do you have a plan for tonight?" Elena asks.

"Yeah, my mom and Will are helping." Scarlett says.

"Klaus?" Elena asks.

"He's providing the location, and Elena I'm not against you and uhm thank you for last night." Scarlett says.

"How are you feeling?" Elena asks.

"I don't want to see Stefan any time soon." Scarlett admitting, she felt powerless, the chains she had on were preventing her from using her magic. Elena nods her head.

"I should get going, Will's waiting." Scarlett says, she feels someone text her.

"I'll see you tomorrow." Elena says. Scarlett nods, waves and leaves. Elena left to meet up with Bonnie.

𝙄𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙇𝙤𝙘𝙠𝙬𝙤𝙤𝙙 𝘾𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙧, 𝙏𝙮𝙡𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚 and Bill Forbes, Bill was helping Tyler break his sire.

𝘼𝙩 𝘼𝙗𝙗𝙮 𝘽𝙚𝙣𝙣𝙚𝙩𝙩'𝙨 𝙃𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚, 𝘽𝙤𝙣𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙩 𝙖 𝙥𝙞𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 from Jamie's graduation. Elena is here too. They're alone.

"How are you holding up?" Elena asks.

"Oh. I'll be fine. I'm not here to get my mom back, I'm just here to get her help." Bonnie says as Abby comes back with a plate of food.

"So I hope you guys are hungry. 'Cause, uh, food has always been my go-to icebreaker." Abby says.

"You have a really beautiful home." Elena says.

"You're so sweet. Just like your mom, your sister isn't here." Abby says.

"You knew my mom? She's with her biological mom." Elena asks.

"Miranda was my best friend, Faith was a sister to me, we're actually related." Abby says.

"So you had a daughter and a best friend and a sister and you still left?" Bonnie asks.

"My best friend is why I left. 15 years ago, a vampire came to town. Looking for you, Elena. Looking for the doppelganger. No one could manage to kill him, so I lured him out of town and cast a spell to desiccate him in a crypt in Charlotte. Faith was having trouble, it was after the twins, giving Scarlett away and Will's death damaged her. She had an encounter with a vampire, mentioning her mom, she snapped. Her dad and her left. She got the help she needed." Abby says.

"Mikael. He was an original vampire, Ivory's Dad is Klaus." Elena says.

"It took every ounce of power I had. Almost killed me. I recovered. But my magic didn't. My powers never came back, Faith never came back either until years later." Abby says.

"And neither did you." Bonnie says.

"It wasn't that simple." Abby says.

"It wasn't? You cast a spell, put Michael down, you could have asked Ivory to help, she's a powerful witch, then... What? You had to teach Jamie how to drive?" Bonnie says.