18. The Murder of One

𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘾𝙖𝙧𝙤𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙨.

"Alaric Saltzman killed my father?" Caroline asks.

"I can't expect you to be ok with this. But at least these herbs that Bonnie and my mom gave him, they're healing him and they're keeping the dark side buried." Scarlett reassures.

"Yeah, and that's supposed to make everything ok?" Caroline asks.

"No, Caroline, it's not ok. It's horrible. And I feel horrible about it, but... He's a victim of something supernatural. He didn't ask for this. It just happened to him. Just like Bonnie's mom. I mean, she didn't ask to become a vampire. And... Neither did Stefan, Damon or Tyler." Scarlett says.

"Or me." Caroline says.

"Or you. None of you asked for this. But who would I be if I just... Turned my back on any of you? You're my best fiend Care, my only living one. I can't loose you." Scarlett says.

Caroline takes her by the shoulder. "Oh, Scarlett Salvatore. Savior of the cursed and the damned." They smile. Matt joins them.

"Hey. What's with the, uh, cryptic secret meeting text?" Matt asks.

"What text?" Scarlett asks.

"I don't know." Elena comes.

"Care, Matt. I'll see you guys around, I have to go." Scarlet hugs them and leaves.

"Stefan just said to meet here." Elena says. Stefan and Damon arrives

"Where's Bonnie? Texted her, too." Stefan asks.

"Uh guys why was Scarlett here?" Damon asks.

"Uh, Bonnie's mom bailed on her. Again. So I think we should leave her out of this one, Scarlett and I are best friends." Caroline says.

"What are we doing here?" Matt asks.

"We found some more white oak. Long story. Wait for the movie." Damon says.

"Hang on. White oak? You have a weapon that can kill Klaus?" Elena says.

"Nope. We all have a weapon, now we won't go stabbing everyone until they're unlinked." Stefan throws a bag on the ground. It's full of stakes. Elena, Caroline and Matt are surprised.

      𝙆𝙡𝙖𝙪𝙨, 𝙒𝙞𝙡𝙡, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙍𝙚𝙗𝙚𝙠𝙖𝙝 𝙜𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙗𝙡𝙤𝙤𝙙 to unlink them. As Damon, Stefan, Matt, Caroline and Elena planned on killing Klaus.

        𝘼𝙩 𝙆𝙡𝙖𝙪𝙨 𝙈𝙖𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙤𝙣, 𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙬𝙨 𝙁𝙞𝙣𝙣 𝙞𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚. 𝙆𝙡𝙖𝙪𝙨 and Rebekah enter the house.

"Gather your witch. Let's get his blood and get on with it." Rebekah says.

"You can't force me to help you." Finn says.

"Oh, I most likely could. But why force when I can persuade?" Klaus says. Sage comes down the stairs. Finn looks at her and gets up. Sage is smiling.

"Hello, Finn." Sage says.

"Sage!" Finn rushes towards her and they embrace each other. Rebekah looks at Klaus.

"What do you know? True love prevails." Rebekah says.

"It does occasionally have its uses. Easier than torturing him." Klaus looks at his phone. He has received a text from Kol asking him to letting him know when he'll be needed. Klaus answers him that he will.