3. Bad Day At Black Rock

𝙄 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙢𝙚𝙩 𝙪𝙥 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙎𝙖𝙢 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙧'𝙨 storage unit.

"No demons allowed." Sam says.

"Blood. Check this out." Dean holds up a tripwire which is attached to a shotgun hidden in a large animal skull.

"Whoever broke in here got tagged." Sam says.

"Dear old Dad. I got two sets of boot treads here, looks like it was a two-man job. And our friend with the buckshot in him looks like he kept walking." Dean says.

"So what's the deal? Dad would do work here or something?" Sam asks.

"Living the high life, as usual." Dean says.

We venture further inside. Dean aims his flashlight on the skull and shakes his head, laughing. Sam looks over a desk while Dean picks up a trophy from a shelf, scraping the dust off. "1995"

"No way! That's my Division Championship soccer trophy. I can't believe he kept this." Sam smiles at us.

"Yeah... It was probably about the closest you ever came to being a boy." Dean wanders over to another find. "Oh, wow! It's my first sawed-off. I made it myself. Sixth grade." Dean laughs and pumps the shotgun.

Sam moves further into the container and opens a door to a back room. The chain on the door has been cut. Sam and Dean enter and pass their flashlights over the scene.

"Holy crap. Look at this, he had land mines... Which they didn't take. Or the guns. I guess they knew what they were after, huh?" Dean asks.

I spot boxes inscribed with symbols on a far shelf. "Hey Dean, check this out. See these symbols? That's binding magic. These are curse boxes."

"Curse boxes? Th – they're supposed to keep the evil mojo in, right, kinda like the Pandora deal?" Dean asks.

"Yeah. Yeah, they're built to contain the power of the cursed object." I say.

"Well Dad's journal did mention a whole bunch of stuff, you know? Dangerous hexed items, fetishes ... He never did say where they ended up." Dean asks.

"Yeah. Well this must be his toxic waste dump." Sam notices a rectangular shape in the dust and runs his finger along the dust. "One box is missing... Great."

"Well maybe they didn't open it." Dean says.

       𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙨 𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙄𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙡𝙖 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙥𝙖𝙥𝙚𝙧 𝙗𝙖𝙜 𝙞𝙣 𝙝𝙞𝙨 hands. He gets in as I laugh at the story about what just happened. Dean takes something out of the bag.

"I'm not finding anything on it in Dad's journal." Sam says.

Dean holds up several scratch cards in front of Sam

"Dean, come on." Sam says.

"What?! Hey, that was my gun he was aiming at your head, and my gun don't jam. So that was a lucky break. Not to mention them taking themselves out, also a lucky break. Here, scratch one. C'mon Sam, scratch and win!" Dean hands over a coin and a card. Sam scratches it.

"Dean, it's gotta be cursed somehow. Otherwise Dad wouldn't have locked it up." Dean hands the card back.

"1200... You just won $1200!" Dean laughs and hollers. "I don't know, man, it doesn't seem that cursed to me!"

"It is, once you lose your luck runs out, we can't play with this. It can kill you." I say as Dean hands Sam another card expectantly.

"Well we might as well cash these in while we can." Dean says.