20. Do Not Go Gentle

𝙄𝙫𝙤𝙧𝙮 𝙞𝙨 𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙖𝙩 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙃𝙤𝙨𝙥𝙞𝙩𝙖𝙡. She hears her name being whispered. When she turns, Damon's here, smiling.

"Don't do that. It's not funny." Ivory scolds.

"Oh, come on. It's a little funny." Damon argues.

"What do you want, Damon?" She asks.

"I need medical witchy advice for a friend, Alaric. You remember him, right? About 6'2", tried to hack you into pieces." He says.

"How is he? Are the herbs working for him?" She asks.

"I don't know. Can they work if he doesn't take them?" He shows her a pot full of herbs, "I found these in his loft untouched."

"Damon, this is bad. Really bad." She says.

𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙚𝙩𝙩, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙑𝙞 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙝𝙚𝙞𝙧 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙈𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 High along with Will, Jake and Alexzander.

"Hey heads up, Tyler is back in town." Jake says.

"Is it safe for him? You know my grandfather and all?" Scarlett asks.

"I'll make sure he doesn't get himself or Jake killed." Will sighs.

"Yeah, I'll make sure Jeremy doesn't get killed." Scarlett sighs.

"I'm sure Kol didn't mean to." Will says trying to convince his sister that their family can be good. Scarlett shoots him a look not to push it.

"Our families are at war, Will. I'll like to keep the casualties at zero, Finn is dead." She says.

"He's dead, because of Elena and her friends." Will comments.

"Bonnie's Mom was turned because of us. Tyler was turned because of me." She says.

"And Elena." He adds.

"I just- let's just go. Make sure no innocent lives are taken." She says.

"I'm not completely useless." Jake tells the twins.

"I know Jake, we just don't want any more of our friends or innocent life's taken because of us." Scarlett says as she's pulling up to the school.

"Hey, and no fighting with Caroline." Jake reminds her.

"I don't fight with Caroline." Scarlett scoffs as she parks the car.

"Yeah you do." Will says.

"She's my best friend." She says.

"She was." Vi corrects her.

"Look just because she's dating Tyler doesn't mean we can't be friends, I have no feelings for him. He might be Graysons dad but that's it." She says.

"He was your first everything." Will says as they get out of the car.

"Okay can we stop it with the Tyler talk, I will always care for him, because he's Tyler. End of discussion." She snaps walking away from the group with Vi giving Will a sarcastic smile.

"Will, when it comes to Tyler and her it's always best to back out. They don't speak about what happens, they just ignore it." Jake advices Will. "Look I get it, you guys are twins, but I've known Scarlett my entire life, when they had a fight it was best to leave them to it. If you push Scarlett you will push her farther away than closer." Jake adds.