14. Long-Distances Call

"𝙉𝙤, 𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨

           "𝙉𝙤, 𝙬𝙚 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙘𝙩𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 𝙩𝙖𝙡𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙗𝙤𝙪𝙩 𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜𝙨. And then our favourite boy bands. Yeah, we were talking a case!" Dean says sarcastically as Scarlett approaches the brothers who are sitting at the bench in the town square.

Sam asks, "So a spirit, what?"

Dean says, "Yeah, the banker was talking about some sort of electrical problems at his pad for like a week. Phone was going haywire, computer was flipping on and off."

"Huh..." Sam says.

"This is not ringing your bell?" Dean asks.

"Well, sure, yeah. But, Dean, we're already on a case." Sam says sharing a look with Scarlett.

"Whose?" Dean asks,

"Yours." Sam states.

"Right. Yeah. Well, you coulda fooled me." Dean says.

"What the hell else have we been doing lately other than trying to break your deal?" Sam asks.

"Babe he's right." Scarlett says.

"Chasing our tails, that's what. Sam, we've talked to every professor, witch, soothsayer and two bit carny act in the lower 48. Nobody knows squat! And we can't find Bela, we can't find the Colt. So until we actually find something, I'd like to do my job." Dean says.

"Well there's one thing we haven't tried yet..." Sam says.

"Sam, no." Dean says.

"We should summon Ruby." Sam says.

"I'm not gunna have this fight with you." Dean says.

"It might help." Scarlett says.

"Or you." Dean turns to look at her.

"She said she knows how to save you." Sam says.

"Well, she can't." Dean says.

Sam asks, "Oh really, you know that for sure?"

Dean says, "I do."

Sam asks, "How?"

Dean says, "Because she told me, okay!"

Sam and Scarlett ask, "What?"

Dean explains, "She told me. Flat out. She can't save me, nobody can. I'm not taking no god dam vampire blood."

Sam asks, "And you just somehow neglected to mention this to me?"

Dean says, "Well, I really don't care what that bitch thinks and neither should you, so..."

Sam asks, "So what, now you're keeping secrets from me, Dean?"

Dean asks, "You really wanna talk about who's keeping secrets from who?"