22. All Hell Breaks Loose: Part 2

𝙄𝙩'𝙨 𝙙𝙖𝙮𝙩𝙞𝙢𝙚 𝙤𝙪𝙩𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚, 𝙖𝙨 𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙝 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙤𝙬𝙨. Dean is standing near, looking at Sam's body.

Bobby arrives, holding a bucket of fried chicken. "Dean? Brought you this back."

"No, thanks. I'm fine." Dean

"You should eat something." Bobby says.

"I said I'm fine." Dean takes a swig from a bottle of whiskey.

"Dean... I hate to bring this up, I really do. But don't you think maybe it's time... we bury Sam?" Bobby asks.

"No." Dean says.

"We could" Bobby sighs. "maybe..."

Dean calmly asks. "What? Torch his corpse? Not yet."

"I want you to come with me." Bobby says.

"I'm not going anywhere." Dean says.

"Dean, please." Bobby says.

"Would you cut me some slack?" Dean asks.

"I just don't think you should be alone, that's all. I gotta admit, I could use your help." Bobby says. Dean snorts

"Something big is going down – end-of-the world big." Bobby says.

"Well, then let it end!" Dean tells.

"You don't mean that." Bobby says.

Dean gets up and stands in Bobby's face. "You don't think so? Huh? You don't think I've given enough? You don't think I've paid enough? I'm done with it. All of it. And if you know what's good for you, you'd turn around, and get the hell out of here." Bobby stands there, shaking his head.

Dean shoves Bobby suddenly yelling "Go!" He pause, then contritely. "I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Please, just go."

Bobby turns around, sighing. "You know where I'll be. Call Scarlett." He turns his back on Dean and leaves the room. Dean swallows hard, and looks at Sam's body; a tear falls from his eye.

"You know, when we were little— and you couldn't been more than 5— you just started asking questions. How come we didn't have a mom? Why do we always have to move around? Where'd Dad go when he'd take off for days at a time? I remember I begged you, "Quit asking, Sammy. Man, you don't want to know."
I just wanted you to be a kid... Just for a little while longer. I always tried to protect you... Keep you safe... Dad didn't even have to tell me. It was just always my responsibility, you know? It's like I had one job... I had one job...
And I screwed it up." He pauses. "I blew it. And for that, I'm sorry." He wipes tears from his face. "I guess that's what I do. I let down the people I love. I let Dad down. And now I guess I'm just supposed to let you down, too.
How can I? How am I supposed to live with that?" He's crying. "What am I supposed to do? Sammy. God. What am I supposed to do?" He inhales sharply. "WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!" He's yelling.

𝙄𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙡𝙖 𝙚𝙣𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜. 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙡𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙨 𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙣 𝙤𝙣 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝘿𝙚𝙖𝙣 𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙨 recklessly, looking pale and determined. He stops on a dirt road and inserts several items into a box, including a fake photo ID of himself. He buries the box in the middle of a crossroads and stands. Several seconds pass in silence, as Dean looks right and left.

"Oh come on already. Show your face, you bitch!" He says. Suddenly, a beautiful woman in a black dress appears.

"Easy sugar, you'll wake the neighbors." She flashes red eyes for a moment. "Dean. It is so, so good to see you." She inhales sharply. "I mean it. Look at you. Gone and got your family killed. All alone in the world. It's too sweet. Excuse me, you're gonna have to give me a moment." She walks to Dean, face to face, close. "Sometimes you gotta stop and smell the roses."